Menu
Davie0
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports playing ok, but Virgin Anywhere says laptop unregistered?

Hi,

I recently had a problem fixed I had with the Sky Sports app last week (here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/Unable-To-Register-Sky-Sports-App/m-p/3041049#M2866... but since then, Virgin Anywhere doesn't work on my laptop now as it says it isn't registered? But Sky Sports still works on my laptop so that tells me it's still registered somehow..

I use Explorer for Sky Sports and Firefox for Virgin Anywhere as these seem to be the only browsers that usually work with either service. Could this be causing the issue?

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sky Sports playing ok, but Virgin Anywhere says laptop unregistered?

Hi Davie0

Thanks for posting back on the community.

I'm glad that Sky Sports is now working for you. 

On your TV Anywhere account I can see that there is a laptop registered to use TV Anywhere. The different browsers shouldn't make a difference is you stick to that browser. For example if you registered using Firefox and keep using Firefox it will be fine. However it you changed to Internet Explorer then it will need a device change.

I can see that you do have a device change available. If you can log into your account on your laptop, on the right under My Profile select Device Settings. This will show the devices registered for TV Anywhere. Remove the laptop from the list, then select a channel to stream as this will prompt for re-registration.

Try this and let me know if it works

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Davie0

Thanks for posting back on the community.

I'm glad that Sky Sports is now working for you. 

On your TV Anywhere account I can see that there is a laptop registered to use TV Anywhere. The different browsers shouldn't make a difference is you stick to that browser. For example if you registered using Firefox and keep using Firefox it will be fine. However it you changed to Internet Explorer then it will need a device change.

I can see that you do have a device change available. If you can log into your account on your laptop, on the right under My Profile select Device Settings. This will show the devices registered for TV Anywhere. Remove the laptop from the list, then select a channel to stream as this will prompt for re-registration.

Try this and let me know if it works

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Davie0
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, Sam.

I've done as you suggested and everything seems to be working well.

Thanks for your help! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Davie0

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I'm glad TV Anywhere is working now on your laptop, that's great Smiley Happy

If you experience any further issues, by all means get back in touch.

Take care

Sam

0 Kudos