Menu
MGB54
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports player

Hi
Any news about the update regarding a fix.
I have tried everything suggested from this forum over the last few weeks and I still get the same result.
The Sky player gives me a black window - with the name of the Sky Channel I have selected in the top left corner and a volume bar in the bottom left. I get no pop-up window to register my device., then after a few seconds the message to try again later with the error code 7005.
0 Kudos
LonelyBlade
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 35
Flag for a moderator

I think we're wasting our time here MGB. After posting on this thread and getting nowhere I started another - http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/TV-Anywhere-and-new-Sky-Player/m-p/3480136#M42889

This didn't work either, with forum team member Josh giving an answer with different advice and information!

I have now resorted to the Victorian attitude Virgin has taken with communication and sent a letter of complaint via The Royal Mail. I'm not expecting a reply. How ridiculous can this company get going back to pen and paper?

Getting quite dejected now having been a customer for more years than I care to remember Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
jagxf
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 35
Flag for a moderator

I too am totally fed up with this situation. same old response "SORRY TO HEAR YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE"

Apart from a couple of days I have had this problem since 5 june.

I even went as far as to buy a new hard drive for my pc updated everything. Lasted 5 days before 7005

are we just CASH COWS?

How about an Answer even if its "WE DONT KNOW"

I am not willing to keep spending money on something that does not work and the could not carless attitude of Virgin staff.

WE PAY YOUR WAGES EARN IT!!!

0 Kudos
LonelyBlade
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 35
Flag for a moderator

For anyone out there still interested in this matter I have finally managed to download the new players required for the Sky part of TV anywhere. Seperate players are required for Sports and Cinema.

Both are working ok even if the installation and actual opening of the player takes some time!

According to the Sky download site an update was made on 17th August - not sure if this solved the problems but at least it's working Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
MGB54
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi LonelyBlade
Glad its working for you

I'm still struggling however.
0 Kudos
jagxf
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 35
Flag for a moderator

I am now reinstalling windows 10 again and will try the player sometime today. BUT I ONLY HAVE 1 Device change available.

we will see !!

IN HOPE

0 Kudos
cornishmiller
Tuning in
Message 17 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lonelyblade.  I've downloaded the new version.  It runs for 20 minutes and then says error 1949.  This is a joke.  Same problem for you?

0 Kudos
LonelyBlade
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Can't help you with that one Cornishmiller - I've actually been able to blag my TV today to watch the cricket so I haven't had to use the laptop after my initial post this morning. I'll set it away playing now and see what happens!

0 Kudos
jagxf
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Well sky sports WORKING (for now)

lets see how long for Smiley Very Happy

Thanks Modulators !!

0 Kudos
cornishmiller
Tuning in
Message 20 of 35
Flag for a moderator

If it's anything like mine it will be 20 minutes!  Then an error 1949.

0 Kudos