Menu
Highlighted
MGB54
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports player

I watch a lot of sky sport on my desktop through Virgin TV Anywhere and have done successfully for quite some time. Using IE 11 and Windows 7

Logged on last Friday and was prompted to download the new sky Player which I did - now instead of sport I get to watch a black screen with Error 7005.

Since then I have un-installed, re-installed everything I can imagine would help. I have double checked, enabled and disabled and updated everything apart from my golf clubs and the fridge freezer.

I have spoken to several Virgin Media operators on 150 and  listened to loads of music while they speak to someone else about the problem. They have taken over my computer and tried  all the things I told them I tried and eventually they agreed that none of the things worked.

Eventually I was put through to someone further up the line of command who said that they couldn't do anything about it - they didn't know why it was happening and it was Sky's fault.

Get in touch with Sky - don't go down there.

The final bit of advice was to look at relevant forums on the net! Obviously the combined financial wealth and resources of these two massive media companies have not got the technical expertise to find a solution -  ( or is it that they can't be fussed!).

Any help would be appreciated - or is it just me with the problem??

Helpful Answers
GoonerKeith
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 35
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sky Sports player

As you must be aware by glancing at the other threads on this forum, there is a multitude of issues with this awful piece of software. Your problem is just the latest in a long list.

The fundamental question is why haven't we heard from somebody from VM? They must know about the complaints. Why are they not acknowledging there is an issue with the player, and are working with Sky to resolve them.

In the meantime why not temporarily revert back to the old system which, while not being perfect, at least worked for everybody?

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 35
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi all,

Apologies for the troubles you've had with this.

We've received quite a number of reports from customers experiencing issues since Sky released their new player. We're currently waiting for an update from Sky with regard to a fix for this issue.

As soon as we hear anything we'll update the Community.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
GoonerKeith
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 35
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

As you must be aware by glancing at the other threads on this forum, there is a multitude of issues with this awful piece of software. Your problem is just the latest in a long list.

The fundamental question is why haven't we heard from somebody from VM? They must know about the complaints. Why are they not acknowledging there is an issue with the player, and are working with Sky to resolve them.

In the meantime why not temporarily revert back to the old system which, while not being perfect, at least worked for everybody?

MGB54
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply - but unless I'm missing something simple there doesn't seem any way to revert - selecting any of the Sky Sports channels just gets me to a screen that says I need to download their player, before I can watch - although I can still view BT Sport and Eurosport.

I would love to revert.

0 Kudos
GoonerKeith
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, perhaps I wasn't being clear. As far as I know there is no way for a customer to revert back to the old system.

"In the meantime why not temporarily revert back to the old system which, while not being perfect, at least worked for everybody?" was a rhetorical question aimed at Sky and/or Virgin.

0 Kudos
LonelyBlade
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Add yet another disgruntled customer with this issue!

I too have lost access to both Sky Sports and Sky Cinema with this new downloaded piece of crap. I have also searched the internet and Virgin Community forums for help without success. Where is the assistance from the moderators on here? Their silence is deafening!

I don't want to waste half my life on 150 to a foreign call centre that won't have a clue.........just experienced that yet again the other day when they organised an engineer visit for me when it was a problem at their end!

Come on mods........please get some answers for us!

Ops0042
Tuning in
Message 6 of 35
Flag for a moderator

I think the forum team are all holiday enjoying our hard earned money which they have no problem in collecting. This problem has being reported all over in different forums but still no answer. Any chance of use very grunted customers getting a refund, till they fix this problem. I live in hope.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 35
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi all,

Apologies for the troubles you've had with this.

We've received quite a number of reports from customers experiencing issues since Sky released their new player. We're currently waiting for an update from Sky with regard to a fix for this issue.

As soon as we hear anything we'll update the Community.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

LonelyBlade
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response at last Josh. Clearly there are lots of unhappy customers with this issue and I for one regularly watch on my laptop while my better half watches her beloved soaps on our TV Smiley Happy

Is there a way to make any updates 'sticky' in the forums so we can find them easily? I've actually posted on a new thread due to a lack of interest in our woes!

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Jonno143
Joining in
Message 9 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Josh, I'm afraid this stock apology is no longer good enough. This has been going on for months and months. These TV packages are extortionately expensive, and part of the package is currently unusable. Therefore either sort it out, or if you can't, start offering partial refunds to make up for the fact you can't offer the service we are paying for.

cornishmiller
Tuning in
Message 10 of 35
Flag for a moderator

This whole sky sports player business is a nightmare.  I have an Acer laptop with Windows 10. Used to work fine until I was told to download sky player.  Due to the same error message as OP I cannot view live sports.  Started watching sky sports on Android instead, which worked fine until recent updates to the app.  Now get message "Cannot stream to this device".  Hopeless.  Two major media companies totally unable to get their act together showing total disregard for their customers.