Menu
MartinJG51
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports on laptop

I have not been able to watch sky sports on my laptop for some time. Having just received an update about my account I decided to follow the instructions to see if anything had changed. Needless to say that although following the instructions I get an error

"Apologies this item has been interrupted due to an error. Please refresh your page and try again later" Not particularly helpful but I have tried and tried but to no avail.

I have seen comments about the browser but as I can't find any reference about only supporting certain browsers I cannot believe expolorer cannot be used.

Help please

Tags (2)
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports on laptop

Hi MartinJG51

Thanks for posting on the community.

I am sorry to read that you're unable to watch Sky Sports on your laptop.

From checking the Technical Requirements for Sky Sports and Sky Movies, on Windows 8.1 as long as you are using Internet Explorer 11 or Firefox with an up to date Microsoft Silverlight it should work fine for you.

If you sign into Sky Sportd and select a channel to stream, do you get the option to register the laptop? 

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
MartinJG51
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 29
Flag for a moderator

No. I guess this might be because the laptop has already been messaged. In fact the message I get does not even mention Silverlight although in the past I have had messages with it

0 Kudos
MartinJG51
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Again please see my other response. I do not get asked to register as I believe it already is

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi MartinJG51

Thanks for the reply.

On your account at the moment there are no devices registered for Sky apps.

If you go back onto your laptop go into skysports.com, sign in with your Virgin Media details and start streaming a channel. This should hopefully prompt you for registration.

Try this and let me know if it works

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
MartinJG51
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 29
Flag for a moderator

I get no prompt to register is just start to stream and then gives me the "Apologies ..........................please try later message

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 7 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Let's just break down the process.

Start here:

http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/channels/live/sky-sports-1/

click the play icon in the middle, then "Go to Sky website". A new tab opens for Sky Sports.  Near the top of that screen, click "Sign in". Your screen will look something like this:

MV2.PNG

Click on the red VM logo bottom left to log-in.  You're sent back to VM to log-in:

mv3.PNG

If these are auto-filled, it might be a good idea to erase the auto-fill & type your primary VM log-in details here, the same details you use to log-into My Virgin Media. Sub accounts won't work for Sky Sports.  

Once you have signed in here, the tab should redirect back to Sky Sports, automatically register the device & start streaming.  If it doesn't, please post a snip or screen-grab of the error message you see.

0 Kudos
chrmo88
Joining in
Message 8 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I am having the same issue with using the Sky Sports account on my laptop. This is one of the two registered devices on my account.

As per your message I have followed the below steps however get the below error message once signed in.

skysportsapp.jpg

This has been the case since the weekend. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the internet browser to see if this fixes things but this hasn't worked.

I would be very grateful if you could help resolve this issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 9 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Is that Firefox? Have you reinstalled Silverlight too?

0 Kudos
MartinJG51
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Nope I get. Can't seem to put a picture in. It starts trying to stream and gives me an error message in the video screen sayin

"Apologies, this item has been interrupted due to an error, please refresh your page and try again later"

When I look at my TV anywhere it tells me the laptop is registered but under Sky Movies/Sports it appears to have something different

0 Kudos