Menu
markwells
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports on Firefox - Silverlight Problem

When I log in to watch Sky Sports on my laptop I am told I need to install Silverlight - I do so then try again and still I am told I need to install Silverlight and so on ad infinitum. This problem happened for the first time this evening. Last week I was able to watch Sky Sports on the machine now causing problems.

Is this a problem connected to the Firefox message re Sky Sports? If so how do I re-register in Internet Explorer? I don't wish to make IE my default browser.

Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports on Firefox - Silverlight Problem

What version of Firefox do you have. Firefox 52 has removed support for all old style plugins except Flash.

So if your version of Firefox has updated then on a Windows PC the only option for Sky is Internet Explorer. Sky are working on bringing the Desktop Player that is currently for Apple Mac computers to Windows PCs too. This will then increase browser support again.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Highlighted
markwells
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks BenMcr

If I may ask a follow-up question or three:

Do I need to re-register both my main tv-anywhere device and the Sky Sports one or just the Sky one?

Will I therefore have to watch everything on tv anywhere in IE even though only Sky is the problem?

Related to that - I have both Sky Sports slots taken and they both just say 'pc' - is there anyway of telling which one is which or do I have to take pot luck - and if I choose wrong the other device loses Sky until the end of the month? I thought I had named them but obviously not.

Many thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You can continue to use Firefox as your main TV Anywhere browser, but currently you'd have to use Internet Explorer for any Sky Cinema or Sky Sports viewing.

So you can just make changes to the Sky devices. Unfortunately if you can't tell which device is which, there isn't any option I can suggest now. The support teams can sometimes add an extra device change to help get the service working again, but you'd either have to call in for that or wait for the forum team to pick up on this thread.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Stan648
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem and when i try to view in IE its say Google Chrome is not supported - it will not work on IE 10 either!

I haven't been able to watch sky sports on my PC for months now! absolutely joke - BT Sports and everything else works fine.

0 Kudos
markwells
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Stan - I am now able to watch Sky Sports using IE. Make sure you actually register the device while in IE and not Google Chrome. I had this problem of mixing them up because I have the same (Google) home page in both. Maybe set your default browser to IE before registering the device?. I know Google Chrome doesn't work so make sure it is IE you are in. I used to click the blue e symbol thinking I was getting IE and ended up with Chrome.

Hopefully one of the experts will intervene to help you soon. Good luck

Mark
0 Kudos