Menu
GoonerKeith
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports now locks up Firefox

Up until today I have had no problems watching Sky Sports on my PC. Now, when I get past the Sky login screen\and back to the page where the playback usually shows, all that happens is that Firefox just locks up and I have to close the program.

I have tried clearing my browser cache, that didn't work. I have cleared my PC from my Sky Sports device list (there is a free space now) but that hasn't worked either.

I am using Windows 10 and only use Firefox to browse. I can still watch non-Sky channels with no issues.

Help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
ilike2burnthing
Rising star
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports now locks up Firefox

As a test, can you try a different browser?

Have you tried starting Firefox in safe mode? https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-firefox-issues-using-safe-mode
0 Kudos
GoonerKeith
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tried starting Firefox in safe mode - still locks up after the username/password screen.

What different browser option is there using Windows 10? The IE replacement 'Edge' doesn't work apparently, and Chrome is no good too.

0 Kudos
ilike2burnthing
Rising star
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

IE is still in Windows 10 - http://www.windowscentral.com/how-find-internet-explorer-windows-10-if-you-really-need-it

Does Chrome freeze/crash too?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox?
0 Kudos
GoonerKeith
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well, if nothing else I've learned something today - I didn't know that IE was still available in Windows 10 and yes I can access Sky Sports using that, so obviously it is a Firefox issue so I'll try reinstalling that.

I haven't tried Chrome as Virgin clearly state that browser is not supported for TV Anywhere.

Thanks for your suggestions.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi GoonerKeith, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm really sorry to hear you are having an issue using TV Anywhere via Firefox. 

Windows 10 isn't supported by us so we are only able to run through some basic diagnostics. You also rightly said that Chrome and Edge are unsupported by us to due to them being incompatible. 

As it's working on Internet Explorer, it's certainly worth re-installing Firefox to see if this helps. 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos