Menu
wakkers
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports device limit reached but only 2 registered

Hi, 

i'm trying to watch Sky Sports on my MacBook but when i sign in on the Sky Sports website it states i have reached my device limit, yet on checking the TV Anywhere page it shows i have two devices, including the MacBook registered.

I would delete one and re-register but not sure which is which so didn't want to use up my monthly change.

Is it possible to rectify this?

thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports device limit reached but only 2 registered

Hi wakkers,

Welcome to the Community Forum, I'm sorry that your TV Anywhere isn't working and that you are getting the Device Registration issue on your MacBook. 

We recently had an issue on the server that our technicians have now cleared. Is this working for you now? Checking this, I can see that you still have a device change for both TV Anywhere and Sky Sports/Sky Cinema. 

Please let me know if you are still having problems with this so that I can look into this further for you.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
wakkers
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri,

thanks for replying but still not working - do i need to use my device change?

thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi wakkers,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm sorry this still isn't working. I think there's a problem with the server as it won't allow me to check your device changes. Registration won't go through at the moment while the server is down.

I'll keep an eye on this. If it isn't working by 10pm, I'll check this again first thing tomorrow morning and get back to you. Apologies for the delay in getting this working for you.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi wakkers,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We've had notification that the registration issue has been resolved. Is this working for you now?

0 Kudos
wakkers
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri,

no, i'm afraid not. I'm still getting the message saying i have reached the limit of registered devices, please visit service provider to manage your devices. The Ryder Cup is on in a week, I really would like to get this sorted before then.

thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi wakkers,

Thanks for getting back to me, apologies that you are still getting the device registration message. Apologies that it's taken me a few days to get back to you. 

I have been able to add a change back onto your Sky Sports and TV Anywhere device allowance. 

Please try registering your device. For the Sky Sports app, please see the following link from our online Help pages to complete the registration of your MacBook: Device management for the Sky Cinema and Sky Sports apps and website.

This should get your TV Anywhere sorted out just in time to enjoy the Ryder Cup start on Friday. Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

0 Kudos
wakkers
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Terri,

Last night I deleted and re-added a device under my Sky Sports devices so was able to watch.

On my TV Anywhere devices it distinguish between the two 1 is named iMac, the other Macbook but under the Sky Sports devices, both are named Mac - is there anyway to distinguish which is which?

Also I still have a problem with Safari not allowing full screen mode despite updating Silverlight. Firefox works fine. Any ideas?

thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi wakkers,

Thanks for getting back to me. When you registered your devices for Sky Sports, you have an option to name your device.

Hover your mouse cursor just above where the date shows on the Sky window, at the top right of the control panel and the expand buttons become highlighted. Click this and it should go to full screen.

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Terri

0 Kudos
wakkers
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri,

i deleted on elf my devices to try and work out which mac was which, unfortunately when i watched on one device it came back in with the name Mac so i still have two devices and I'm not sure which is which and have used up a device change in doing so.

The important bit is that they both work so that is good.

The cursor hovering generally seems to work though is a little temperamental but does the job.

thanks for your help.

0 Kudos