Menu
atconc
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports device change - 2 identically named devices

I'm having some trouble with device registrations for sky sports, I hadn't realised this was separate to the main registration when it moved over to the sky sports app. 

My situation at the moment is that I have 2 devices showing as registered. both say "Aaron's iPad"

I do have 2 ipads (one mini, one air) but the service is only working on the mini.

What I would like is to have my laptop as one device and the mini as the second but I can't tell which device to remove and don't want to lose access all together in the meantime.  Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports device change - 2 identically named devices

Hi atconc, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue detecting which device is the one you want to delete. From this end, I would usually look at the time or date the device was registered however both is the same. 

I'm afraid it's going to be pot luck. 

I would start by renaming one of the iPads. Go to Settings > General > About > Name > And change this is something else. 

Delete both devices from anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports. 

Once this is done, use the change to re add the iPad you do want registered by attempting to stream from it. 

I can then help you further to get the other device registered. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
atconc
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me and sorry for the slow reply, I've been away for work for a few days.

I've done as you suggested, renamed one of the devices so I can tell the difference, deleted them both and then re-added one.  So I now have the right iPad added but no device changes left to add my laptop back.  Could you please help with that?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi atconc, 

Thanks for coming back to me with this Smiley Happy 

Glad you've been able to rename the device and get things working on the iPad.

I have sent you a private message with regards to the changes. Just click on the little red envelope at the top left hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos