Menu
asingo
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports app wont recognise my Virgin log-in

Hello - hoping someone can help.

I've got a new Virgin subscription and am trying to watch Sky Sports via the Android Sky Sports app. It asks me to log in. I try via the Virgin Media log in option, add my main account log in & password... then it just says "your password is between 6 - 10 letters long and begins with a letter'.

My password meets those criteria, but there isn't a link to troubleshoot or anything else, it just simply stops me from logging in.

Also - and perhaps related - when I try to view Virgin TV Anywhere on my S5, the screen goes crazy, with refreshing and messages saying my box isn't on the network - but of course it isn't, I'm not at home... isnt that the point of TV anywhere? I've got good Wi-Fi, but it too doesn't seem to work properly.

Any ideas...?

Cheers.

0 Kudos
asingo
Joining in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports app wont recognise my Virgin log-in

I guess you could call this a 'bump', however I'm just wondering if any of the mods or staff can assist with my problem?

My issue has slightly moved on, in that I can now log in to watch Sky Sports via my laptop, using the same log-in details that the android app doesn't seem to recognise. It simply says your password is between 6 - 10 letters long and begins with a letter'... which it does. There is no 'error' message other than that.

Any help/suggestions, much appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
asingo
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

As boring as this might be (me replying to my own thread), I thought I'd give it another go, in the hope someone yet might see this and help...

I have a further update to my problem (can't log in to my Sky Sports Android app with Virgin Media log-in... with no idea or explanation why), in so much as I have had a response from Sky now. Their response is that, as I am attempting to log in with a Virgin log-in, it is a Virgin issue, not a compatibility issue with their app.

If someone at Virgin sees this and can provide any help, that would be much appreciated. I have un-installed a couple of times already. It just wont allow me to log-in, with no explanation as to 'why'...

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi asingo, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the delay in getting back to you. 

Bumping your thread effectively puts you to the back of the list so you should only do this if you've not had any reply after 7 days. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue logging in to the Sky apps. The first thing to try here would be to reset your password. Refreshing this will update things and should then allow you to log in. Make sure you are typing in your username and password and not relying on the Autofill. 

With regards to the TV Anywhere app, this error only usually comes up if you are trying to perform an action that you can only do when connected to your TiVo® box. Such as using the remote control feature. What are you doing when this error comes up?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
asingo
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

If I change my password to reset things, can I then change it back to the one I can actually remember afterwards??

For info though, the sky sports app doesn't say it is a password problem, it gives me no indicator at all as to what the problem is. Is there a way of checking on my account that my sky sports subscription is all set up as it should be, so that Sky can see I am a subscriber?

I really would like to get my access to the Sky Sports app sorted asap if at all possible.

As for my TiVo app - it goes haywire and says it cannot connect at launch of the app. I do not get as far as actually trying to 'do' anything on the app, it just immediately gives me the error message...

0 Kudos
stuartgiles
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I had exactly the same log in problem on Galaxy S5, enter details and nothing happens. I did two things, uninstalled and reinstalled the Sky Sports app, as suggested elsewhere and I also made sure neither my username nor password were prefilled or entered using predictive text i.e. type in both in full. Not sure which one was causing the problem but anyway I can get Sky Sports on the phone now with the Sky Sports app.

asingo
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stuart - thank you very much for trying to help. Really appreciate it.

Unfortunately, I've tried your suggestions, but with no luck. I've lost track of the number of times I have now uninstalled the app - and have also uninstalled all other Sky apps, in case that made any difference. I also make sure to individually type in each letter of my email address & passwords, but it still wont either log... or tell me why it wont log in!

The same email & password combination allows me to watch Sky Sports via the webpage, but the app gives me no joy whatsoever...!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi asingo, 

Thanks for your patience and for coming back to us on this. Apologies for the delay in replying. I've been off over the Christmas and New Years period but am back now and here to help where I can.

As the username and password is working when using the site, this suggests it's an issue with the device you are using itself instead. 

What version OS are you currently running?

Since you last posted, an update was released for Sky Sports so try deleting and reinstalling one more time to ensure you have the latest app from Sky. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
asingo
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath - thanks for continuing to try and help.

I have now reinstalled the app - still no luck.

I'm definitely using the same log-in that I use on the website, but still no joy.

I have a Galaxy S5 phone, running Android 5.0...

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi asingo,

Thanks for getting back to us with that information. I hope you don't mind me picking up your post as Kath is out the office.

The reason this will not work for you is because you need to subscribe to Sky Sports in order to view this channel via the Sky Sport app. Checking your details, there is no Sky Sports added to your viewing services for your TiVo®.

If you would like to add this, please contact us on 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline/mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone) taking option 4, then option 1 and we can get Sky Sports added on for you.

Regards,

Terri

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos