Menu
frostyP2508
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports app says phone is rooted but isn't

My Chinese phone worked fine watching Sky Sports via Tv Anywhere before I updated to Nougat , now when I try to watch Sky Sports a message comes up saying that the phone is rooted and won't stream. It isn't rooted. Any ideas please

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports app says phone is rooted but isn't

Hi frostyP2508,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Sky apps.

It's unusual that it's stopped working since the update. Have you tried uninstalling/ reinstalling the app? What's the make and model of the phone?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
frostyP2508
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh thanks for your reply. It's a Vernee Thor . I have uninstalled and reinstalled still no joy. All I can think of is that I tried to root the phone but it didn't work and I'm wondering if it's left files on the phone that the sky sports app is recognising as rooted ?? All my root checkers say the phone is not rooted.

Cheers
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

frostyP2508 wrote:
Hi Josh thanks for your reply. It's a Vernee Thor . I have uninstalled and reinstalled still no joy. All I can think of is that I tried to root the phone but it didn't work and I'm wondering if it's left files on the phone that the sky sports app is recognising as rooted ?? All my root checkers say the phone is not rooted.

Cheers

a factory reset would probably sort it, but that's a lot of hassle for one not very good app.

try acestream from google play store + the relevant reddit etc. links to footie streams

0 Kudos
frostyP2508
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks looks like a factory reset might be the only option . I'll try look up ace stream , thanks
0 Kudos
frostyP2508
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Done a factory reset today but still same problem . Still looking for answer

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

you sure that was a full factory reset? that should remove all roots, all mods, whether failed or worked.

the phone should be like it just left that factory as the name implies

did you also completely remove that app that claims that it is rooted. uninstall the app and delete any data folders.

and turned off any developer options ...

what do the settings -  "about" function say about what's installed

does Virgin TV anywhere work, as that's an app which will only run if phone is not modded?

if you've tried ALL of that, then I guess you have to get a new phone or switch to streaming solutions like Kodi or ace-stream that don't care whether you've rotted or not.

the only tech explanation I can think of is that your phone's hardware  ID has somehow made it onto a blacklist for sky sports or whatever. either that, or your model of phone is not supported and will never work. has it ever worked before your rooting attempt? 

PS a quick google found this- different phone but could still apply if you used google restore :

Have you ever had a rooted phone/device with the Google account you are using and did all your apps restore automatically to the new Moto G4? 

If so, check that no SuperUser or SU apps were re-installed automatically as they could trigger the root warning in the app.

0 Kudos