Menu
Funksucker
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports app on iphone SE

I'm trying to watch Sky Sports on my Sky Sports on my iphone SE but it won't let me sign in.  I select 'watch now' - 'watch on iphon'e - 'exit to watch' (on SS app) - 'I already have SS channel subscription' 'sign in' - 'sign in with VM' - my user name is my email & my password is correct but nothing happens, 'sign in' button goes from red to pink that's all.  What could be the problem?

0 Kudos
Funksucker
Tuning in
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports app on iphone SE

Btw I am subscribed to Sky Sports in my VM package which works fine on TV
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Funksucker, 

Sorry to hear you have been unable to make the most out of your Sky Sports on your Mobile. 

I have just tried to replicate the problem with a device here and it let me sign in okay.

Can I please ask you to try and uninstall and reinstall your SS app. Once you have done this try and open the app direct and signing in rather than going in via the TV anywhere app. 

Hope this helps if not let us know and we will be happy to help :-) 

Thanks 

Mike 

0 Kudos
Funksucker
Tuning in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Michael.  Just tried that but still can't sign in Smiley Sad  

I even tried changing my VM password but that didn't work either.  Any more suggestions?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Funksucker, 

Sorry to have to ask the obvious but when you put your details in and the sign in button changes colour have you actually tried to click on it even though it has already recognised the details are in there? 

I'm still going to do some more digging around for you anyway but thought I would ask while I am having a look.

Thanks 

Mike 

0 Kudos
Funksucker
Tuning in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Yes mate, till my finger hurts haha. So frustrating
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Afternoon, 

Sorry to hear about those sore fingers :-) and sorry for asking the obvious but thought I'd check. 

Can I ask if you a few more questions please:

Are you using your primary account details for Virgin or are you trying to sign in via a secondary login?

Are you able to use the TV anywhere app okay? 

Also if I can ask do you have Sky sports registered on any other devices such as tablets or laptops that its working successfully on? 

To do a final check can I ask you to go to the Sky Sports website [Here] and just check it allows you to sign in okay from a laptop or PC. Please note that you will not be able to view the channel if using Google Chrome but it should still allow you to sign in. 

0 Kudos
Funksucker
Tuning in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Not sure what you mean by primary & secondary. I just signed into SS on my pc no problem. TV anywhere app is working fine & i'm able to watch other channels on my phone. Tried SS again on phone but still no good. I don't have any other devices.
0 Kudos
Funksucker
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Sorry I'd better up date that. Just tried watching using Firefox on my pc & I can get BBC1 etc. Then I signed into SS which went smoothly after I had deleted a device but the online 'screen' is just blank blue
0 Kudos
Funksucker
Tuning in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I guess my new iphone isn't registered? If so I'll have to wait until Dec1st. That doesn't account for not being able to watch on pc tho
0 Kudos