Menu
recoil101
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports app, Entering Email etc

Hi there

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S, and am able to use TV Anywhere without any issues at all. Installed Sky Sports app and followed the instructions on the FAQ here. Clicked the Virgin logon button and got a screen asking for email and password. Unfortunately, I can't enter anything as the onscreen keyboard does not appear. Normally when I click on a text entry box the onscreen keyboard pops up and I type in my email/password. Tried coming out and going back in but same problem. Never had this issue on any other app or site so am assuming it's the page rather than my tablet that has an issue.

Any ideas greatly appreciated!!

Device : Samsung Galaxy Tab S

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sky Sports app, Entering Email etc

Hi recoil101,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear about the issues you are having trying to log in to use the Sky apps. 

Usually this sort of issue can happen if you've altered the text size on your tablet. If you go into your settings, reset this back to default and let me know if this changes anything Smiley Happy

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
scouser73
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi recoil101,

Please try the following:

Go to Settings

Select Apps

Scroll to the Sky Sports app and select it

Click on Clear Cache & Clear Data

Once you have done that, come out of settings and click on the Sky Sports app as normal and see if that fixes the issue.

Regards,

scouser73

152 Mbp/s Broadband - Windows 10 [Home] -
Ubuntu 17.10 - SuperHub 3.0 - Nokia 5
0 Kudos
recoil101
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. Tried it, but unfortunately still got stuck at the login. I can click the sign in button but it just says "enter your My Virgin Media username. This will be an email address." Sigh. So frustrating.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi recoil101,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear about the issues you are having trying to log in to use the Sky apps. 

Usually this sort of issue can happen if you've altered the text size on your tablet. If you go into your settings, reset this back to default and let me know if this changes anything Smiley Happy

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

recoil101
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I changed the text size to default and it worked. I can recommend this as a temporary workaround to anyone with the same issue until the page is fixed to take into account people who have a different font size user setting.
0 Kudos