Menu
McStumpy
Joining in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports android sign in

Hi

After months of successfully using sky sports android app to watch sky sports on the go by logging in via the virgin sign in link, I can no longer log on. When I enter my mail Id and password it just hangs on the logon page.

I have tried reinstalling the app without success, and according to virgin I have a free device so it's not at issue.

Anyone else had this problem? Thanks 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
craigus69
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sky Sports android sign in

I've just posted about issue, but not hopeful as I called tech support some time ago and they couldn't help. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S6 edge, running Android 5.1.1.
0 Kudos

All Replies
craigus69
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I've just posted about issue, but not hopeful as I called tech support some time ago and they couldn't help. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S6 edge, running Android 5.1.1.
0 Kudos
McStumpy
Joining in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hmmm, not encouraging. I'm using a Samsung Tab Pro, android 4.4.2.
0 Kudos
McStumpy
Joining in
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Anyone else having this issue?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi McStumpy,

Thank you for taking time to post on the Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems accessing your Sky Sports via TV Anywhere. 

I'd like to look into this for you, but I just need a few more details:

• If you have more than one device registered, are you having the same problem on both devices?
  • Have you cleared the cache and cookies from your device. 
  • Is the Sky Sports app you reinstalled or the TV Anywhere app?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi McStumpy,

Just checking back with you as I haven't had a response yet.

Please let me know if I can help further.

Thanks.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
CaroleS
Dialled in
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

HI. I have noticed that several posters have been reporting the same problem as myself i.e.  after several months using my Virginmedia credentials to access the Sky Sports App, all of a sudden it does not work. As with others, I find that the app just hangs after I have entered my email and password. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and have changed my password but all to no avail. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, and a Samsung S2 Tablet, and exactly the same thing happens on both.  Some of the other members had reported this back in October, and so far no one seems able to help. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi CaroleS, 

Thanks for your post and for coming to us with this fault. 

I'm really sorry to hear that you've not been able to use Sky Sports via your devices. As it's happening on both of the devices it's unlikely to be an issue with the device itself so we'll need to look a little closer at this. 

What OS are both these devices running?

Make sure you are using the Primary account details as secondary accounts won't work with the Sky apps. 

I've removed both the registered devices to see if this makes any difference for you. 

Delete the apps again and reboot the devices by turning them off and back on. Re download the app and try again. 

Has this made any difference?

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
CaroleS
Dialled in
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

HI Kath, I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the app on both devices several times and it makes no difference at all. I only have one account so the secondary accounts does not apply. My Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is running Android version 5.1.1 and my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 is running Android 5.0.2
I see you have deregistered both my devices, but wonder why you did this without asking me first!   I now have reinstalled the app on both devices yet again,, but now cannot re-register the devices to see if it works! I have searched in 'my apps' on the Virgin web site, also in my profile. There is no option for device settings or device changes. Seeing as you decided to remove them without asking me ..... please sort this add and add them both back or tell me why I cannot add them myself!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi CaroleS, 

De-registering the devices is one diagnostic tool we use to resolve quite a few issues. As the registrations were very old it's possible they needed a refresh. 

All you need to do to re-register the devices is to attempt streaming on them. If we concentrate on getting the Tab S2 working first. 

If you open up the app on this tablet, attempt to log in again for me. If this allows you to log in then attempt to stream and this will register the device for you. 

the devices do not need to be registered in order for you to be able to log in. 

Let me know what happens with the Tablet first before trying things on the S6 Edge mobile device. 

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos