Menu
LiamWilson94
Joining in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports Virgin Media Login Problem

Hi,

I am trying to watch Sky Sports with a Virgin Media login via the following URL:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/sky-sports-1

I am able to login with my virgin media details with no issue. However, when I try to view a live stream of a sports channel I get the following message on my player:

"Apologies, this item has been interrupted due to an error. Please refresh your page and try again later".

Things I have tried are:

-Obviously refreshing the page (surprise surprise this never works)

-Remove device from managed devices and re-added it.........

-Re installed Silverlight

-Enabled various settings when right clicking player and selecting Silverlight (cache, playback options, etc)

-Reinstalled various browsers which I have tried this on

I have called both Sky Go and Virgin media and nobody is accepting responsibility for the problem and they both blame it on each other. It just seems that they are happy to take an awful lot of money and provide no service. What is even more annoying is that this previously worked with no issues and it has only recently (last 2 months) stopped working for no reason.

Can anybody please help?

0 Kudos
johnstars
Tuning in
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports Virgin Media Login Problem

Same problem here as you have, in area 5. It is now Sunday and still unable to watch football. That is now three days running as well as the similar problems a couple of weeks ago.  Just look at how many Virgin customers have been complaining often under different subject headings. I expect we will get the normal refund - exactly nil, for not being able to see live programmes. ASs yoy say, another p[rice increase which I think is the third or fourth in the last twelve months. Tuesday, the pnones at 150 will be buzzing from me as I cancel, and I will not pay any cancellation fee !!

0 Kudos
johnstars
Tuning in
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

PS: I forgot to add that Virgin do not care about their customers, only getting money.  Just look at the 'Which' site and see where Virgin appears in the good customer relations department !!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi LiamWilson94,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have a new face in the crowd getting involved in the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue using the Sky Sports site. It can get a little confusing as to where blame would lay for this sort of error as the site and platform itself is Sky, we only provide you with log in details. However saying that, as you're not a Sky customer, the helpline will struggle to help you.

If you do ever need advice from Sky, your best bet is online via their forums Smiley Happy

This sort of error usually happens if there is a high demand. Try using the site for streaming at another time just to see if it works. 

What browser are you using to access the site? 

Have you ever been a Sky customer before?

What are you usually trying to watch when this error happens?

Come back and let me know so we can investigate this. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
LiamWilson94
Joining in
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Thanks for your reply!

1. Not my fault that there is a high demand, makes no difference to the service that should be delivered. If the same quality can not be offered to all customers, do not offer it. If this is the case, every single time I try to watch regardless of time must be high demand. surely that cannot be right?

2.I have tried Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome and Firefox

3.Never been a Sky customer before

4. only ever use the service to TRY to watch the sky sports channels

5.The error message mentioned in my previous post is displayed at every attempt to watch one of the sports channels regardless of time or program that is on.

Thanks

Liam
0 Kudos
johnstars
Tuning in
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

This problem resolved itself this time last week, and I have been able to watch sport on Sky. However, thwe problem has re-occured again this Evenimg.

Why cannot something be done?  I note you suggest approaching SKY direct. I am your customer not SKY's. You are in breach of contract as supplier.

You can approach SKY easier than me. Please resolve, or trading standards will have a visitor. I know I am perhaps out of order, but something needs sorting. I spend £125 a month with Virgin, but keep getting breakdowns. Last weekend no TV or Broadband in area 5 again. Now you have requested an increase in payment for SKY services. What a joke!  Please sort it out.

0 Kudos
Dan87uk
Tuning in
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Have been having the same problem for about 3 weeks now and it's becoming a joke, I've tried all of the above suggestions (reinstall firefox, reinstall silverlight, unregister the device and re-register it, reset cookies, always allow silverlight, toggle hardware acceleration on/off etc etc etc.

I am on Windows 10 and using the most up to date version of Firefox

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dan87uk, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having an ew face on board with us Smiley Happy

Apologies to hear you've been having an issue streaming Sky Sports. Do you also have this issue when trying to stream via TV Anywhere? 

I've reset the Sky platform for you today to try and resolve this for you. 

If you try streaming from the device again do you still get this error message?

Come back and let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Dan87uk
Tuning in
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hello Kath,

I gave it a try this evening and still i'm getting the same error message unfortunately.
I have not used the "TV Anywhere" app at any point (because it doesn't work "Anywhere") so no idea if I have the problem on there too.
The device that I use is a PC running Windows 10 on Firefox.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dan87uk,

Thanks for coming back to me on this Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you are still having the same issue. Are you able to try in an alternative browser? Not Chrome though as this is unsupported. Do you get the same issue?

Try clearing the cache and cookies on your browser to see if this helps too. 

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos