Menu
LiamWilson94
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports New Desktop Player - Error code: 7005

I am a Virgin Media customer trying to watch Sky Sports online using the following mac device and logging in through the normal Virgin Media login route accessed by the login to watch button on the sky sports page (http://www.skysports.com/watch/sky-sports-1) :

MacOS Seirra

Version 10.12.2 (16C68)

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

Having had previous issues with Silverlight and trying to view Sky Sports online I had been successfully able to watch the channels for a few months. However, this has not lasted for long (as expected) as we are now being prompted to install a new desktop player to view a channel. Having installed the player with no problems, I was able to watch the content as normal through the desktop app for a few days.

However, now when trying to watch a channel through the desktop player, I click the continue link from with the browser which opens up the desktop app. However the channel no longer plays and i get the following error message displayed on the desktop player app (attached screenshot):

An error has occurred, please try again. Error code: 7005

Sky Sports Desktop App ErrorSky Sports Desktop App ErrorHaving searched online there seems to be no information regarding this new desktop player and definitely no explanation of what this error code even means. I have tried  logging in/logging out mutliples times, uninstalling/reinstalling the desktop app many times and tried using multiple browsers, although In this scenario i don't think the browser is relevant as it is the desktop mac application that seems to now be causing problems (surprise surprise). 

Has anybody experienced this same issue and can anyone help?

Im getting sick and tired of constant problems with the service across the space of over a year. Other content providers such as BT do not seem to have these constant problems!!

amithc
Just joined
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports New Desktop Player - Error code: 7005

I have the exact same problem and the exact same error code, I am using a new Macbook Pro (Late 2016)

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the desktop app

Same issue occurs with Sky Cinema

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi LiamWilson94, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you are having an issue playing Sky Sports content via the new MAC player. 

This is something new that Sky has brought in. We are still learning the in's and out's too though. 

Between it working fine and getting this error message did you perform any updates at all? Such as an update to your browser or your MAC? 

Is the device still registered? Check by going to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Cinema and Sky Sports. If it is, delete and then re-register to see if this helps. 

Come back and let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
dprkkim
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same issue.   I've deleted my mac device so there is an open slot but when I go back to sky to play content I get the same 7005 message.   i.e. I have now one open device slot but I'm not able to start sky content for the slot to be taken again by my mac.    This seems to be some kind of loop - open device slot but can play content to fill that device slot.

0 Kudos
mraven95
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

i have the same problem, there is a free slot to register but nothing fills the slot and i get error 7005

0 Kudos
Irnbruiser
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Problem solved!

Ensure you have the latest version of silverlight installed,(its worth reinstalling) close Safari and reopen and ensure that safari is using it  - click Safari/preferences/security/plug-in settings. note that even after you have installed it you need to ensure that silverlight is ticked.

Delete the sky sports app and reinstall it I got a new error message - device not registered, but phone virgin and they reassigned the device (i dont think there is a way around this bit - sorry)

0 Kudos
mrmarksimpson
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

SOLVED IT

Okay, I was struggling to find a fix. I have been on every thread on Virgin, SKy and even searched via Twitter.

I tried with Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome.

I tried removing the device and restarting the computer

Nothing worked

Then I struck Gold

Here's what you need to do

Go into Sky Sports via Google Chrome. Open an Incognito Window (Shift Command N) 

For some reason, something in the normal chrome/safari/firefox mode is not allowing the Sky Player to work on the desktop

I hope you all get it working

I've got mine just in time for the final game of the season

0 Kudos
hastings1066
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I have tried the followed these instructions but I end up with a 4002 error.  From what I have found elsewhere, this concerns the time zone and should be set to London - which my computer is set to -.  I have repeatedIy uninstalled/instaled as per the instructions but I just cannot understand why the new Skysports player will not work on my system -  I have a Windows 7 machine - and have tried Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome - all to no avail.

Hope someone can help as this is getting rather frustrating.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
raymondduggan
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

set up a new account on laptop and sky cinema works

go to admin account on laptop, create 2nd account

this is another new account on laptop

switch to this 2nd account and it works

remember you may need to get virgin to activate a 2nd device add for this month, but if same laptop and registered in does work

0 Kudos
raymondduggan
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

to fix error 7005

windows key and r

app data

go local file

delete cisco the video guard

go roaming file

delete skycinema

delete sky

delete Silverlight

do not use control panel, cause this leaves files behind and causes conflict, resulting in 7005, bad installation

you need delete the following files

Silverlight

sky cinema

cisco video guard

make sure all files deleted, or you will get error 7005, then reinstall skycinema app

I did this and now it is working for now.

0 Kudos