Menu
willeah
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports/Movies not avalable on registered device

Lets me log on to Sky Sports/ Movies, but stops when Sky ask for license to play video. Any suggestions, Please. Again I have got to say Sky Website not up to speed for Virgin Media. Please go back to Virgin TV Anywhere site. SOS SOS. willeah

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sky Sports/Movies not avalable on registered device

Hi willeah, 

Thanks for coming back and letting us know Smiley Happy

I'm glad things are working on one of your devices now. 

Checking the account at this end, there is one free space for you to register another device for use with the Sky websites. You also have a device change left to be able to add on the laptop. 

What sort of error message are you getting when trying to stream from Sky Movies or Sky Sports website? 

Make sure you are using Firefox as Edge isn't supported as mentioned by yourself. 

With regards to swapping the Sky streaming back over to VM, this won't happen as Sky own the content etc. We've had to move over to the Sky Platform to allow streaming on devices such as Mobiles and Tablets. We will certainly take on board your feedback though. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Willeah, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you are having playing Sky content on your device. 

It would help us to resolve things if you could let us know the following:

What device are you using? 

What browser are you using?

Is Silverlight fully up to date?

Let me know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
willeah
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F, Thank you for replying. Yesterday, I phoned to your customer services department (150 ) , on a TV matter, and I mentioned the TV Anywhere problem etc. He spoke to someone else, and he immediately, sorted my laptop out. However, I cannot add my PC on as a device. Perhaps you could get an open device on the Sky Sports/Movies? Just for your information, The devices, I am using, are a Laptop, and a PC. Browser, Firefox, because Edge is not available. Silverlight  is up to date on Firefox, but I think Edge runs differently? Once again, Thank you for replying, and I would be much obliged, if you  can open the other device box on my profile Sky Sports/Movies etc. Regards. willeah. PS, as I have stated on various comments to Virgin Media. I wish there was some way, you could go back to having the Sky Sports/Movies channels, on Virgin's TV Anywhere. Sky is an inferior quality etc.!!!! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi willeah, 

Thanks for coming back and letting us know Smiley Happy

I'm glad things are working on one of your devices now. 

Checking the account at this end, there is one free space for you to register another device for use with the Sky websites. You also have a device change left to be able to add on the laptop. 

What sort of error message are you getting when trying to stream from Sky Movies or Sky Sports website? 

Make sure you are using Firefox as Edge isn't supported as mentioned by yourself. 

With regards to swapping the Sky streaming back over to VM, this won't happen as Sky own the content etc. We've had to move over to the Sky Platform to allow streaming on devices such as Mobiles and Tablets. We will certainly take on board your feedback though. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
willeah
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kath_F, It seems to be all systems go. Thanking you once again. willeah
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi willeah, 

Thanks for coming back and letting us know that things are working once again for you Smiley Happy

If you have any issues, you know where to come. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos