Menu
mark_83
Tuning in
Message 1 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports Error

Hi, I am having trouble accessing Sky Sports 1. I get directed from TV anywhere to the Sky Sports website but Sky are not recognising my username. 

I keep getting the message 'Sorry, we did not recognise either your username or password' message. This is the same username that I just used to sign in to TV Anywhere and I am watching Sky Sports News on Internet Explorer. I've tried deleting my cache etc. but it's not making any difference.

I am copying and pasting my username as I always do to sign in so it is definitely correct.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 33
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sky Sports Error

mark_83 wrote:

Thanks a lot for your reply. I followed the steps above and tried it again but I am still getting the same message on IE, chrome and Firefox. Any ideas? 

Another poster has said the uninstalling Silverlight and then reinstalling it worked for them.  So I suggest trying that.

All Replies
davold
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Make sure you click on the Virgin Media customers link first. You can't enter your Virgin details in the same area Sky customers would.

0 Kudos
mark_83
Tuning in
Message 3 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Thanks! I've now signed in but I am still unable to view Sky Sports.

I am getting the error message 'Apologies, this item has been interrupted due to an error. Please click play to resume watching.[t.6038 / c:4110]'

I've tried using Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox and I get the same error on all of them.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 33
Flag for a moderator

mark_83 wrote:

Thanks! I've now signed in but I am still unable to view Sky Sports.

I am getting the error message 'Apologies, this item has been interrupted due to an error. Please click play to resume watching.[t.6038 / c:4110]'

I've tried using Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox and I get the same error on all of them.

Its Microsoft Silverlight that is affecting it. If you haven't got  Microsoft Silverlight installed then install it first.  

If you have then Open it from start -> go to application storage -> delete anything that mentions sky or sky go -> ensure enable application storage is checked -> go to playback -> ensure enable download and updates is checked -> try Sky Sports again.

machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 33
Flag for a moderator

I get same error and I have silverlight installed (Netflix works) and I have enabled application storage. I can see Netflix's storage, but there is no data file for sky...there is something else wrong
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 33
Flag for a moderator

machineghost wrote:
I get same error and I have silverlight installed (Netflix works) and I have enabled application storage. I can see Netflix's storage, but there is no data file for sky...there is something else wrong

Yours could be a different issue, you have posted elsewhere that you are using a Mac.  There appears to be some issue with using Safari.

mark_83
Tuning in
Message 7 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Thanks a lot for your reply. I followed the steps above and tried it again but I am still getting the same message on IE, chrome and Firefox. Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 33
Flag for a moderator

?
well I tried with Firefox too so it isn't safari
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 33
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

mark_83 wrote:

Another poster has said the uninstalling Silverlight and then reinstalling it worked for them.  So I suggest trying that.

mark_83
Tuning in
Message 10 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft Silverlight worked! It's now working a treat.

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply, it's much appreciated.

0 Kudos