Menu
jonny8476
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports Device Registration

Hi

I previously had my laptop registered to watch sky sports but for some reason when I wanted to watch something I got a message that it was no longer registered. I have deleted both allowed devices in an effort to re-register my laptop but I can't because of the monthly limit.

Please help!

Jonathan

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports Device Registration

Hi Jonathan

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your laptop accessing the TV Anywhere service.

I've been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this, I can see that you've got a laptop registered at the moment, I hope that means that you've been able to get this working?

If not, log into your My Virgin Media to take a look at your currently registered devices, remove the laptop and try to re-register. If that doesn't solve the problem, get in touch and I'll take another look for you right away.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused, we're looking forward to getting this sorted.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jonny8476
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig

I believe my laptop is registered for virgin anywhere but for some reason NOT for the sky sports which is separate. It did work with sky but as i said i then tried again and it said it wasn't registered. Need my sky sports device change allocation resetting i think

Regards

Jonathan
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jonathan

Thanks for the update, looking again I'm not seeing the devices registered this time so progress is being made.

I've reset your remaining changes so you should be able to register your device now.

Hope this helps and would love to hear how you get on

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jonny8476
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig

Thanks for resetting my sky sports device changes. Unfortunately the problem is now the infernal silverlight issue. Trying to watch sky sports through Firefox (the only browser that allows it) and I keep getting a message to install silverlight which I already have. I have previously watched Sky Sports on this laptop both on my home and works wireless networks. I can't understand why I am now having problems.

Regards

Jonathan

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jonathan

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me and sorry again for the continued inconvenience you're experiencing.

There's some good information on our help pages regarding these issues, which you can view by clicking [here], I've included the silverlight error section below:

If you’re getting a Microsoft Silverlight error when using the Sky Cinema or Sky Sports website on a PC or Mac, first make sure you are using the latest version of Silverlight. This can be found at www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight

If that doesn’t resolve the problem try the following steps:

1. Choose some content to watch from Sky Cinema or Sky Sports
  2. Right click (Windows) or CTRL + click (Mac) on the playback window
  3. In the Silverlight box that appears click the Playback tab
  4. Ensure the box for Enable Playback of Protected Content (DRM) is ticked
  5. Click OK
  6. Close all your browser windows
  7. Re-launch your browser and sign into the Sky Cinema or Sky Sports website
  8. Choose some content to watch

If you still cannot stream content, follow the steps above and in the Playback tab untick Enable Hardware-accelerated playback.

If neither of these changes allow you to watch Sky Cinema or Sky Sports you’ll need to remove and reinstall Microsoft Silverlight. How you remove Silverlight depends on whether you're on a PC or Mac.

I hope this helps

Craig

0 Kudos
jonny8476
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig

I've sorted the silverlight problem with the re-installation option but now i get the no more device changes message. When I checked after your latest reply i'm sure there was a device change available but now there isn't.

Regards

Jonathan

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey Jonathan

Thanks for the response, I'm glad to hear you've sorted the Silverlight issue tooMan Happy

As for the additional change, I saw one there too. I've checked again and it seems to have been used according to the system, I've requested another is added for you so by the time you read this message, it should be there ready for you to set upMan Happy

I'd love to hear how you get on

Craig

0 Kudos