Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2 (29 Views)

Sky Sports App

I am asking this as a new question, because I have had the problem for nearly two years and so far no one at Virgin Media has been able to resolve it. I used to be able to log into the Sky Sports App using my VM details but suddenly it stopped working. Various techies at VM tried all sorts, no luck and eventually I gave up. Recently tried again on my Samsung S6 and Samsung Tablet, same result - select the VM logo, enter my details and absolutely nothing happens, no error message, no spinning wheel, NOTHING!  I looked into my VM profile for the first time since April 2016 (last year) when I last tried to get this sorted. According to that I had only one device registered and only one device change left this month, despite not even going into the account let alone change a device!  I have now deleted the one device that was registered and uninstalled both TV Anywhere (since that also does not work properly, and the Sky Sports App.

I WOULD BE REALLY GRATEFUL IF THERE ARE ANY TECHIES AROUND WHO COULD FINALLY SOLVE THIS AND ENABLE ME TO USE THESE SERVICES.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2 (7 Views)

Re: Sky Sports App

Hi CaroleS,

Thanks for posting!

I'm really sorry to hear you've had so much trouble with the Sky Sports app.

I'd like to start from scratch so we can find out at which point the app is failing. I know you've already uninstalled the app but doing this with me will help in diagnosing the fault.

I've already resynchronised your subscriptions and added a device change. 

If you currently have the app on your device, I'd like you to uninstall it then reboot the device. Once it has booted back up, re-install the app.

Once the app has reinstalled, try signing in with your Virgin Media login details.

Let me know that goes and we'll go from there.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos