Menu
CaroleS
Dialled in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports App

I am asking this as a new question, because I have had the problem for nearly two years and so far no one at Virgin Media has been able to resolve it. I used to be able to log into the Sky Sports App using my VM details but suddenly it stopped working. Various techies at VM tried all sorts, no luck and eventually I gave up. Recently tried again on my Samsung S6 and Samsung Tablet, same result - select the VM logo, enter my details and absolutely nothing happens, no error message, no spinning wheel, NOTHING!  I looked into my VM profile for the first time since April 2016 (last year) when I last tried to get this sorted. According to that I had only one device registered and only one device change left this month, despite not even going into the account let alone change a device!  I have now deleted the one device that was registered and uninstalled both TV Anywhere (since that also does not work properly, and the Sky Sports App.

I WOULD BE REALLY GRATEFUL IF THERE ARE ANY TECHIES AROUND WHO COULD FINALLY SOLVE THIS AND ENABLE ME TO USE THESE SERVICES.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sky Sports App

Hi CaroleS,

Thanks for posting!

I'm really sorry to hear you've had so much trouble with the Sky Sports app.

I'd like to start from scratch so we can find out at which point the app is failing. I know you've already uninstalled the app but doing this with me will help in diagnosing the fault.

I've already resynchronised your subscriptions and added a device change. 

If you currently have the app on your device, I'd like you to uninstall it then reboot the device. Once it has booted back up, re-install the app.

Once the app has reinstalled, try signing in with your Virgin Media login details.

Let me know that goes and we'll go from there.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Superuser
Superuser
Message 13 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

CaroleS wrote:

Hi Josh

I've done that, and it works so thank you. If I now do the same on Chrome, will it work there too as I don't really want to bother with swapping browsers if it's not necessary.

Thanks

I think Josh is probably off shift now.  Do not try and use Chrome for TV anywhere as it is not supported and will not work.  See this help page: Technical-requirements-for-using-Virgin-TV-Anywhere

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi CaroleS,

Thanks for posting!

I'm really sorry to hear you've had so much trouble with the Sky Sports app.

I'd like to start from scratch so we can find out at which point the app is failing. I know you've already uninstalled the app but doing this with me will help in diagnosing the fault.

I've already resynchronised your subscriptions and added a device change. 

If you currently have the app on your device, I'd like you to uninstall it then reboot the device. Once it has booted back up, re-install the app.

Once the app has reinstalled, try signing in with your Virgin Media login details.

Let me know that goes and we'll go from there.

Josh

CaroleS
Dialled in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Smiley Happy  Well Josh I don't know what you did, but tried it on my tablet and it worked!  I was sceptical because a colleague of yours told me she did the same thing several times last year but it still didn't work. Thanks a bunch But if you could now make my VM TV Anywhere App work as well you would truly be a hero!  It will only let me watch on my tv - pretty useless seeing as I am sitting in the same room as the tv! I want to be able to watch on my laptop or tablet when in a different room. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi CaroleS,

That's awesome, glad to hear it's working!

What sort of problems do you get when you try and use TV Anywhere on one of your devices? I've located your account and I can currently see two devices registered.

Josh

0 Kudos
CaroleS
Dialled in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

. When I choose 'watch' the only option allowed is watch on tv but I can use it to remote record.  I can't even find where my devices are on the web site, can't remember how I found them before Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi CaroleS,

Thanks for getting back to me!

You can check your devices by going to anywhere.virginmedia.com and signing in. Once you've signed in, click on My Profile at the top right of the screen and click on Device Settings.

Can you try streaming Channel 4 for me?

Josh

0 Kudos
CaroleS
Dialled in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Not possible - I get an error message following that link,will try to attach printscreen. No won't work.

This is the link to the message saying the service is not optimised for my device and should be accessed via laptop, pc or Mac. I am using a laptop!

http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/unsupportedBrowser/unsupported//

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi CaroleS,

That does seem a little unusual! What make/model is the laptop you're using? What browser are you using?

Josh

0 Kudos
CaroleS
Dialled in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, sent too soon. I'm signed in found the device settings, but get yet another error message and I am thinking now that TV Anywhere does not work with Chrome as both messages say unsupported browser. I only use Chrome so probably won't be able to bother with TV Anywhere

0 Kudos
CaroleS
Dialled in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Update: I have logged in with IE, looked at my devices and it says my two devices are Samsung S2 Tablet, and Samsung Laptop (the one I am on now). So I selected Channel 4, clicked 'watch now' and yet another error message, this time saying, this is not one of my devices, despite it being listed, as I said! 

I then came out, went back and tried again and get either the same error message or a blank white screen. 

0 Kudos