Menu
wlf46
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports App

I've changed phones recently and updated the TV Anywhere app to reflect the change, it worked fine.

However, I can't get the Sky Sports app to work, I get a 'device limit reached' error. I understand that I also need to change the registration on the Sky Sports app but I can't find where to do it. I've looked under 'My Profile' on 'anywhere.virginmedia' as per the advice under previous topics I've seen on here, which suggest there is a Sky Sports link there which allows you to update your device registration, but I can't see it, so I'm at a loss. 

Any advice?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports App

Hi wlf46

Welcome to the community

I am sorry to hear that your unable to register your new phone through Sky Sports.

When you are signed in on your account, when you place your mouse cursor over My Profile you will see Sky Movies & Sky Sports. On here you will be able to remove the old phone from the registrations. Then to be able to register the new phone you need to go directly onto the Sky Sports app, start to stream a channel then it will prompt you for registration.

Hope this helps

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
wlf46
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Samanta. I sorted it myself last week. Your advice is correct but the missing part, in the advice I've seen on here, is that is can't be done on a phone or tablet, you need to be on a PC/ laptop. When using the former you don't get access to the Sky Movies/ Sports link mentioned, which was the issue I was having.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi wlf46

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I am glad that this is now working for you. I apologise that I didn't mention that you would need to remove the device on a PC/laptop through the Sky Movies & Sky Sports link.

If you need us to check anything else for you then by all means get back in touch.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos