Menu
ThomasRN
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports App via My Virgin Media not working

Hi

I received a Lenovo Android tablet for Christmas but whenever I try to watch anything on the Sky Sports channels I get unknown error, I have managed to get it to work once since Christmas day but every other time it just says unknown error and wont play. I have tried uninstalling the app etc but no joy. Please help as I want to be able to watch live sports and Sky sports news on my tablet.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports App via My Virgin Media not working

Welcome to the forum.

If you check the service status page https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status  you will see that this is an issue known to Virgin Media.  The engineer has been 'on their way to fix it' for over a week now, so I would very much doubt that the current estimated fix by 11.00 4/1/17 will actually happen. Check the page tomorrow afternoon for the latest estimate.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well to my pleasant surprise they have fixed it today.

Shah55
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have the App on my Mac and its still not working

Not sure why this is happening.

I get the Error code: OVP_00002 on the sky sports app

Please help 

Thanks

0 Kudos
zvonok
Superfast
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Read this link from SKY FORUMS ...

http://community.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go-Apps/Error-code-OVP-00002/td-p/2589953#

Would appear you need member of VM Forum team to give you a log-in... ZVNK ...
0 Kudos
shawie601
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys ive been helping a friend trying to get this sorted and what ive found is that if i use the sports app once (on his laptop) and it works it doesnt the next time or thereafter. You have to go through the whole process of reinstalling the sky app/player, which suggests to me it isnt coded properly. It's as if it isnt installed. What does it need to run apart from silverlight etc.

I havent tried the removing the device yet as it isnt my account but il get him to do that and report back later unless anyone has a better solution.

glenn

0 Kudos