Menu
Dunderheid
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports App Unsupported Territory Error

Whenever I try and watch Sky Sports using the app on my Huawei M2 tablet I get the unsupported territory error message. Location services are switched on and I've given the app location permissions,I'm watching over my home network with no VPN and can watch Sky Sports using my Samsung phone on the same network.  I can watch TV Anywhere, including BT Sports live, on the tablet it is just Sky that won't recognise my location!

0 Kudos
nev308
Joining in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports App Unsupported Territory Error

I am having the same problem. I see it has been raised many times and no solution has yet been posted. I am using a Huawei Honor 6 and everything used to work fine, suddenly I am getting the 'Unsupported Territory' error. Can someone please sort this out!

0 Kudos
nev308
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Additional info; I am running over 4g, I have location services enabled and everything elase on my phone knows I am very firmly in the UK. I am trying to watch Sky Sports F1.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dunderheid,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with Sky Sports.

Are you still experiencing the same issue?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Dunderheid
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh

Thanks for getting back to me.  I am still having the same problem watching Sky Sports live via the app on my Huawei M2.  As well as at home I've tried connecting over different networks but still get the unsupported territory message for my tablet whilst being able to watch on my phone.  I've tried clearing my cache and uninstalling and reinstalling the app but to no effect.  Location services are switched on and the Sky Sports app has location permissions, I am also able to access other location specific services on my tablet so it seems to be a specific issue with the Sky Sports app.

Thanks

Ross

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dunderheid,

Thanks for getting back to me!

I'd like you to try uninstalling the app then reinstalling it. I've removed the device on this end so all you'll need to do is log back in to re-register. I'll add another device change to cover this one.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Dunderheid
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh

I've uninstalled and reinstalled but am still getting the same Unsupported Territory error Smiley Frustrated

Thanks

Ross

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ross,

That's really unusual, I can't understand why the device is still giving that error.

Are you connecting to your home WiFi or something else such as a hotspot?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

0 Kudos
Dunderheid
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh

I've tried connecting over my home WiFi, my work WiFi and the WiFi at my parent's, all with the same result.  As I've been able to connect in the past I would suspect there's been an update that's resulted in the app becoming incompatible with my tablet.

Thanks

Ross

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dunderheid, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

As you've tried other wifi networks, this rules that being the issue. As well as this, with it working on another device this also rules out the issue being the app.

I'm afraid to say but it looks as though the tablet device is the problem here. 

It may be worth heading over to the Sky Forum to see if any of their users are getting the same error with the same device. 

Keep us posted. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year