Menu
LauH76
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports App Saying 'Not Subscribed'

I am a TV XL customer and I have an iPhone5 running iOS8.4.

I have the Virgin Media TV Anywhere app installed on it, with the iPhone my only currently registered device on the app.

I also have the Sky Sports iPhone app installed on the iPhone.

On the VM TV Anywhere app, all the Sky Sports channels have the Wi-Fi signal against them, so I tap on one of them to 'Watch on iPhone'. A message then appears saying 'Watch on the Sky Sports iPhone app'...Exit to watch. I tap on that to bring up the Sky Sports app, but a message appears saying 'Access to live channels within the app is for customers with a Sky Sports TV subscription only. To access live streaming, please upgrade or purchase a monthly subscription via iTunes'.

I then click on 'OK', then when I try to watch a Sky Sports channel on that app anyway, another message appears saying 'Not Subscribed'. To watch this channel you need to upgrade your subscription. Please contact your provider'.

I presume 'my provider' is Virgin Media, so has anybody got any idea what is going on here ?

It worked ok when I last tried it, albeit several months ago.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports App Saying 'Not Subscribed'

Hi LauH76

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear that your unable to watch Sky Sports through your iPhone 5 due to the error of not subscribed.

If you can firstly, log into your account through a PC/laptop preferably, on the right you will see My Profile under here click on Sky Movies and Sky Sports. This will show your devices that are registered to use Sky apps. If it is showing as registered I've re-sync'd your account, so you can try to stream a channel through the Sky Sports app and see if it works.

If it is not showing as registered, you should be able to go into Sky Sports app, select a channel and this should prompt you for registration. You don't need to go through the TV Anywhere app for Sky Movies nor Sky Sports, you can use the standalone app.

Let me know how this goes

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
LauH76
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Samantha.

I uninstalled and then re-installed the Sky Sports app and that solved the problem anyway. I think I had probably already done that before you re-synched my account, but everything is now working fine.

0 Kudos
AndyStevenson
Just joined
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I have the same issue as the original poster - could you please re-set my account or whatever needs to be done please?

Thanks in anticipation,

Andrew

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi AndyStevenson,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry that you are having an issue accessing Sky Sports via the TV Anywhere service. 

Checking this, I can see that there are remaining changes for your Sky apps already, but no device changes available until the end of the month for TV Anywhere and we cannot add a change until next month. However, you should be able to make a device change for the Sky apps. 

If you are having problems doing this, have a look at Sam's post on this thread: Sky Sports App Saying 'Not Subscribed' or check out our Help pages from the main Virgin Media website: Watching Sky Cinema and Sky Sports on the go and just choose the device option you are using to view the Sky services.

Hope this helps, please let us know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi AndyStevenson,

I'm checking back with you about the issue you reported with your TV Anywhere service, as I haven't received a response from you yet.
If you are still having problems with this, please let me know.
Many thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Dennis898
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem can you reset mine aswell please
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dennis898,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that the Sky Sports app isn't working for you currently. 

I have gone in to the account and re-synced your packages.

Try deleting the app and re-installing it for me. Once you've done this, to log in, select the VM logo first before entering the details you use to view your bills in My VM. 

If you attempt to stream, this should register the device for you. 

Come back and let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Andy332
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I'm having the same issue with the sky sports app. The Virgin Tv anywhere works. I have only just signed up for Sky Sports so unsure if that's the problem. Help would be appreciated
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy332,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you've4 had trouble with Sky Sports.

It can take a little bit of time for your packages to sync up when you add a new service. Are you still having trouble?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos