Menu
royleejoel
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sport App on ipad

I can not use the sky sport app on my ipad, I get error message 1020 when trying to watch anything. I phoned customer support twice but they were unable to help. It was left more or less a sky issue. I have reinstalled IOS on my pad and deleted from my devices etc but you only get two goes per month. Anyone else have this problem, Did you get it sorted. I don't really want to spend more time on the phone with VM support.

Thanks

0 Kudos
gooding5
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sport App on ipad

Hi royleejoel 

Is that the full message ??

Are you able to sign in ??

Please give more information and the community will try and help .

Smiley Happy

I work in the VM Swansea Faults Center .All comments are my own.
I do NOT speak for VM.
0 Kudos
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I tend to use my kindle fire a lot for watching TV in bed (when I cant sleep), and the Sky Sports APP is not available via Kindle !

0 Kudos
royleejoel
Joining in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Yes I can sign in ok and view the homepage etc I just can not stream video, if i click to view one of the channels I get the error message, a temporary error has occurred, error 1020. I can use the sky movie app to watch movies with no problem, just the sports app.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi royleejoel, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have a new face in the crowd so welcome Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you have not been able to stream using the Sky Sports app. 

I have removed the iPad from the Sky Platform. If you try streaming again, what happens? 

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
royleejoel
Joining in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

Same again, " a temporary error has been encountored please try again later. error 1020"  I can open the sky sports app, it is just when i click watch now, i get the message. Also there is no issue watching movies on the sky movie app. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi royleejoel, 

Thanks for coming back to me again with this. I'm sorry to hear you are still experiencing this error. 

As the registration has been reset, and the device is working with Sky Movies I'm really not sure what the issue is here. If it was an account issue, Sky Movies wouldn't work either. 

The only thing I can think of is to maybe pop over to Sky's forums to see if they know of why this error maybe coming up for you. You can reach their forum here: http://helpforum.sky.com/

Let me know if they have any luck on figuring this out. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
royleejoel
Joining in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

I am trying a few things from the sky forums but i have no device changes left, I deleted the iPad and was going to re-add it but it says I have none left this month although I have not carried out any changes this month. Can reset this and allow me to add it again. Thanks

Roy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Roy, 

Give it a try now. I've added a device change for you so you should be able to re add. 

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
royleejoel
Joining in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

Thanks. Still no joy, the same 1020 error. I will keep trying and let you know if i ever get it sorted.

Roy

0 Kudos