Menu
Peter44Y
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sky Player error VG-4227858339

Continual error when loading Sky Sports Player. Unistalled and reinstalled the app and makes no difference. App attempts to load for ages, then sometimes freezes or returns the above code. Any ideas please?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Player error VG-4227858339

Hi Peter44Y

I'm sorry for the inconvenience you've been experiencing with your service, what device are you trying this on? Does it have the most up to date operating system? 

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Peter44Y
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

I am using windows 10, and have tried it on both IE and Microsoft Edge.

I have uninstalled both the sky player and cisco videoguard apps, then reinstalled several times, but this error code returns every time now.

Prior to this, I have been using the sky app for over a year, with the only issue being a common one, that is the sound can be slightly out of sync with picture.

This error code did not appear for any known reason, as I had been using the recent version of this sky app for weeks previous without an issue. The only possible change I could think of, is maybe any automatic windows update has had an effect?

I have since found online a few others complaining of this fault code, but have not seen any solution to the problem.

Peter

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

HI Peter

Thanks for getting back to me, do you have another browser on your PC to try this on? 

Alternatively, do you have another device that you use with the service? Like a phone or tablet? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Peter44Y
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have just read on another post, that according to VM, this fault should be fixed within the next 7 days. We shall see!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Peter44Y,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Please let us know if this hasn't been resolved for you and we'll also need to know the information that Craig_D has asked above.

Speak soon

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Peter44Y
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose,

I have just tried it again and still receiving the exact same fault code.

I have tried two different browsers (IE and Microsoft Edge) and both deliver the same fault. I have always been unable to use it on my iphone as it states two many devices in use, which is not the case, as these are the only two I have tried and gave authority to.

Regarding the fault code on my pc, I am convinced it is nothing to do with my pc, or browsers used, as it worked for ages then just stopped working. In addition many other users (on various forums) have also listed this particular fault code. It would be interesting to learn what the official answer from Sky is regarding the particular code.They won't help a VM user, but surely VM staff could approach Sky as I am not the only one to have the problem. I have been unable to find an answer to this anywhere. Surely someone somewhere must know what it means?

I look forward to any information/solution you can obtain.

Regards

Peter

0 Kudos