Menu
JohnGP
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sky Go on iMac

Hello everyone,

I have an iMac (about 2 years old) running El Capitan v 10.11.2. Since about two weeks ago Sky Sports will only load as a small screen and cannot be adjusted to large screen view. Also, none of the other controls on the Sky Sports window work either. (i.e. volume control, change channel etc). I have the latest version of silverlight installed.

HELP!!

Many thanks, in advance, for any advice

John

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Go on iMac

Hi John, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have a new face involved in the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you've been having an issue using the Sky Sports app on your iMac device. 

In order to help you with this I'd like to ask a few more questions. 

> What browser are you using?

> Has Sky Sports worked before hand?

> Have you updated anything in that 2 weeks? 

> Are there any updates needed on your iMac?

Let me know so we can help further with this Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

JohnGP
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Many thanks for your reply. I am using Safari and, as far as I can tell, no updates are due for the iMac. On the plus side, I installed Firefox today and can, once again, after a lot of fiddling around, watch Sky Sports!

However, it is frustrating as I would still prefer to use one browser and have got very used to Safari. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Silverlight, scoured the Sky community for an answer but constantly am getting nowhere. Sky Sports worked fine up until recently and I am not aware of any updates, but they might have occurred by stealth!

In summary, any suggestions would be welcome, but please do not take too much trouble. At least I can watch again, even if it is not perfect.

Many thanks again

John

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi John, 

Thanks for coming back and letting us know you've managed to get things working again by using another browser. That was actually going to be my next question but you beat me to it Smiley Tongue

I will keep trying to find a resolution here although as it's working on the device via another browser it could be something to do with safari that's the issue. 

Have you got the cookie settings on Always? If not try making that change to see if that helps Smiley Happy

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

JohnGP
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Thanks again for your reply. I have just checked the cookies and they are on Always. I think it must be something to do with Silverlight as all my other Virgin TV on demand works absolutely fine on Safari. Am completely baffled....!!

Best wishes

John

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

Thanks for getting back in touch.

In regards to the screen on your iMac, check this link > Can't get full screen for Sky Sports iMac and check the reply from bradley on the bottom to see if that will help with this issue.

Have you tried to un-install the browser itself to see if that works for you?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos