Menu
forshawj
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sky Go ... Silverlight issues . [t:6036 / c:4110]

Hi, I am running Windows 10 Enterprise. TV Anywhere works perfectly but when I try to watch SKY movies or sports I get the "Apologies, this item has been interrupted due to an error. Please click play to resume watching. [t:6036 / c:4110]"

I have read the forums ... deleted silverlight / re-installed, tried a downgraded version but that doesn't work as it forces.

I'm running IE 11 and not Edge... don't seem to see if I can allow cookies ...

Tried on Firefox and same error.

Deleted cache, renamed PlayReady file etc. etc.,

Still same error...

Tried on another Windows 10 Home laptop that is registered with Virgin and it works perfectly.

Maybe it's graphic card? Although I have tried to install latest and it says my laptop has the latest version Intel HD 4600...

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Go ... Silverlight issues . [t:6036 / c:4110]

Hi forshawj, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you are having getting the Sky sites to work on your Enterprise device. 

I know you've said you have deleted and re installed Silverlight and tried renaming the Play Ready file however when deleting Silverlight, the Play Ready file can sometimes get left behind as it's hidden. 

On Windows PC's/Laptop's the Play ready folder is hidden and this is the folder that needs to be deleted. Can you make sure you un hide the folder first by completing the following: 

1.                Select Start.

2.                Select Computer.

3.                Select Organize and choose Folders and search options.

4.                Select the View tab.

5.                In the Advanced Settings list, choose Show hidden files and folders.

6.                Select OK.

To then delete the folder follow these steps: 

1.                Select Start Menu then Computer.

2.                Select primary hard drive, usually C:\.

3.                Select Program Data and then Microsoft.

4.                Right Click on PlayReady folder and select Delete.

5.                Empty the Trash folder / Recycle bin.

After doing this, please delete the browser history, cache and cookies so we can start completely from scratch. Go back to the Sky Movies/Sky Sports site and try and stream a channel. 

It will advise there is no Silverlight installed and that you will need to install to play the content. Follow the steps to install Silverlight and then try again to play the content. 

Keep me posted on how you get on.

Thanks, 
Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
gs1973
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I tried all the steps noted above and I now get this error:

Apologies, this item has been interrupted due to an error.  Please click play to resume watching. [t:6000 / c:4110]

I'm on Windows 10 Home version 1511.

Everything works OK for BT Sports - this is very frustrating - can someone please help resolve this issue for me.

Thanks.

**UPDATED - I uninstalled and re-installed silverlight and I'm back to the original error message**

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi gs1973,

Thanks for coming back to me on this. Apologies that the steps I gave didn't help you on this occasion. 

To be honest, I'm at a loss on where to go from here. 

The only thing I can think of is getting the team to take remote access to check all settings are what they should be. 

Give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111. Follow the options for a broadband fault and this will get your through to the correct team Smiley Happy

Let me know how the call goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
gs1973
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath, quick update on this, I called your technical people and I got nowhere with them.  Customer Relations were completely unsympathetic to my issue and basically said 'it's not our fault' and 'you don't pay anything for sky go.'

Quite unbelievable in all honesty and I'm not seriously considering leaving owing to the way this issue has been dealt with.

0 Kudos
1701-e
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

try installing Firefox for this purpose only...
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi gs1973,

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

I'm really sorry to hear that you've not been able to get this resolved via the helpline. 

We've tried everything I can think of from this side so it's worth trying @1701-e suggestion of the Firefox browser. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos