Menu
stereill
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Sky Cinema browser version black screen/watch button

I have 1 spare Sky Cinema device allocation and want to register my MacBook Pro (OSX 10.12.1 Sierra with latest version of Silverlight installed).

Have succesfully logged in to Sky Cinema/VM page but when I click to 'watch' any title I only get a black screen pop up with a blue button (yellow rollover) in the centre. I've checked DRM and Hardware Acceleration are activated in Silverlight Preferences. Browser can accept cookies.

0 Kudos
qwakuk
Dialled in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Cinema browser version black screen/watch button

I am using a Windows PC and it used to work fine and stopped 2 or 3 weeks ago. Posted a message here and nobody replies other than people with the same issue. Every test i have done / web post i have read suggests it is a Silverlight issue. But Silverlight says it is working ok.

Only comfort is that actual Sky customers seem to suffer with it as well.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Cinema browser version black screen/watch button

Hi both, 

Thanks for your posts and apologies to hear that you're both having an issue watching Sky Cinema. 

From what you've both written, it certainly sounds like a Silverlight issue so when uninstalling, make sure you're also removing the play ready folder as well as the rest. This can sometimes be hidden. 

I would also advise having a look on the Sky Forums as if Sky customers are having the issue too, they may have some advice to help Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos