Menu
dxm
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sky 1 not streaming to phone

We only recently realised we could stream to devices over the wifi. Sky 1 has the streaming icon and the watch button has two options, watch on to and watch on iPhone.
Tapping the latter leads to a polio saying connecting to virgin media which never goes away. Other channels such as itv 1 work ok.

Is there something we are not doing?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky 1 not streaming to phone

Hi dxm, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue streaming from Sky 1. 

There are some programmes on Sky 1 that are not streamable. Is this happening at the same time or when the same programme is streaming? Or are you trying at different times? 

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
dxm
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

I have just tried now and it still isn't working. The program that is currently on air is NCIS Los Angeles. Is that supposed to be streamable?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi dxm, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

Just to double check are you trying the SD version instead of the HD version? The SD channel is channel number 110. If you're trying to stream 109 it will come up with an error as HD channels are not currently streamable. 

Let me know Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
dxm
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Standard Def, we don't have the HD sky 1.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi dxm, 

Thanks for double checking that for me and coming back too Smiley Happy

OK so now we've ruled that out, as this is the only channel, it's likely that the programme is not able to stream. 

I've tried to stream today and 'Futurama' is working. Can you try again with this programme?

How are things now?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
dxm
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

So I deregistered my phone to see if I could get this working on a laptop.

I see the message 'Sorry this channel is only available to More tv tv customers. Please upgrade...'

So the fact that we can see the channel and watch it on our tivo doesn't automatically entitle us to streaming privileges... unless this is an error of some sort.

Do you have any further advice?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi dxm,

Thank you for posting on the Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear you've been having an ongoing problem using the TV Anywhere app.

Your problems with TV Anywhere maybe related to a fault with the service we've been experiencing. We've posted an update regarding this on this article titled Resolved: TV Anywhere - "Home Mode" which confirms the issue should now be resolved.

If you're still having problems could you please let us know so we can take another look at this for you. Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos