Menu
Jason_N
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Saying Device Not Registered - But it is!!

Hi all,

Bit of advice if you can. I am getting the error above when I try to watch LiveTV / SkySports on my MacBookPro. It has been working fine.

I made a device change to add my new iPadPro and that is working great. As of a few days ago my MacBookPro stopped working with the error. We did change the device name to remove spaces as I read that could cause issues.

Have doubled checked the device settings and all looks good.
Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Jason_N
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Saying Device Not Registered - But it is!!

Just as a quick update....
I have just stopped watching SkySports on my iPad Pro to test the TV Anywhere App. Guess what....
Now I get the "Device Registration Required" on that as well.
Come on VM - Please let me get my fix!!!
0 Kudos
Jason_N
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Not 100% sure why VM staff have answered one of these type of emails and not all of them, however, with my fingers crossed, I will add a bit more info here with about my issue.

I went back and checked my device status and found I did have one change left, so, even tho. the two devices I was using are registered I removed one, then added it back. Now I have a situation where the MacBook Pro will stream TV Anywhere via but I still get the device not registered when I try SkySports.

One the iPad I can play SkySports however TV Anywhere gives me the "Device Needs To Be Registered"

I guess I have my own workaround but would really like this sorted or at least an explanation on why it should work and is not. The screen on my MacBook Pro is larger than my iPad so the viewing experience is much better.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jason_N, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. Apologies to hear you've been having an issue using the Sky Sports app. 

We haven't been ignoring your post. We just work them in date order and during busier periods you may find you're waiting a little while for a reply. 

So, now I'm here Smiley Happy 

Have you done any updates to the Sky Sports or TV Anywhere app? 

What about on your MacBook? 

Sometimes these could cause an error and a requirement to re-register the device. 

Have you had any luck since posting? 

If not, I'll happily look in to things for you. In order to help you with this I'll need to go into the account and check a few things. 

I have been unable to locate your account and need some information from you so that I can resolve this issue.

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos