Menu
Ezzer
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Samsung S7

When will virginmedia update their systems? So Samsung Galaxy S7 users can use this TV anywhere app ๐Ÿ™„
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Samsung S7

Hi Ezzer, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have a new face involved in the Community Smiley Happy 

Apologies that TV Anywhere is not available to use on your device for streaming yet. I feel your pain, since upgrading to the S7 I am lost without the TV Anywhere app. 

The good news is we are already working on getting the app compatible with these devices. 

Once we have more news, I shall let you know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Ezzer, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have a new face involved in the Community Smiley Happy 

Apologies that TV Anywhere is not available to use on your device for streaming yet. I feel your pain, since upgrading to the S7 I am lost without the TV Anywhere app. 

The good news is we are already working on getting the app compatible with these devices. 

Once we have more news, I shall let you know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

tomlurk
Just joined
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

It is pretty annoying that this phone has been out for so long and we are denied access to a service we are paying quite a lot of money for. I am pretty sure I am right in saying that both the sky movies and sports apps run fine on this handset, so shouldn't there, at least, be an option on the TV Anywhere app to add the S7 as a registered device so we can use these services while we wait for Virgin to catch up?

thanks,

Tom

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Butty56
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As I cannot receive tv anywhere at the moment does this also include no access to Sky or BT sports ? If I can how do I go about this ?

Thanks for any replies

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom, 

Thanks for replying to this thread and welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

We're not denying you the use of the app as you are still able to use it on a compatible device as well as using the online web version. 

Currently there is no news on getting this to work on all devices launched with Android 6.0.1. Once I do have news I shall let you know.

@Butty56 - BT Sports plays through TV Anywhere so you wouldn't be able to use this. You can however download the Sky Movies and Sky Sports apps if you subscribe to these channels. 

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Ncc1
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

5 months have passed. When exactly is the app update going to take place?

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Perhaps they are hoping your battery has exploded to save them the time of making it compatible.
As the next version of Android is floating around already it's going to be an issue yet again no doubt.
0 Kudos