Menu
mishandrich
Tuning in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Samsung 7 availability tv anywhere app?

Hi it is now pretty much the end of the year can you tell us when the TV anywhere app will fully work on the Samsung 7 please as this is proving to be a huge problem for us as a family. Also just a suggestion but those of us that have kids want access to all the kids channels without having to pay for a massive bundle we just don't need even sky have more channels for kids availible.in basic packages. Especially when families are struggling and can ill afford huge tv packages you recently attached them to the basic package but then took them away which has caused a lot of upset you can't dangle a carrot in front of kids then take it away it's just not fair and guess who gets it in the neck , the parents!
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Samsung 7 availability tv anywhere app?

Hi mishandrich, 

The latest app update was released earlier today so go in to your Playstore, search for Virgin TV Anywhere and there will be an option to update it. Click that and then try again Smiley Happy

I've just done it on my S7 and all is working.

Keep me posted. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Strangeland16
Up to speed
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Not working for me I'm on the beta of nougat through samsung and it still says unavailable to play on phone. So looks like when nougat is released in full we will be back to it not working again .
0 Kudos
Helsbells3
Joining in
Message 17 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you for clarifying it's only the recorded programmes that you are not able to watch. I had wrong presumed everything was working on Samsung now which is why I was asking for advice as I couldn't watch "My Shows", but everything else is working great.

Thank you again
0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mishandrich,

Many thanks for your post, I can see this is your first time here, welcome into the Community Smiley Happy

The S7 has a higher version of the OS version of 6.0.1, for the moment the TV Anywhere is avaiable.

This is something that our teams are working on to resolve and most likely outcome will be an update from the TV Anywhere in the future. Whilst I know this isn't clear to when, it is something that we are working hard to resolve.

Please stay in touch
Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Ben means it's UNavailable, after over 9 months and counting
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys, 

Just a little tip - maybe you should try updating the TV Anywhere app on your S7 devices now Smiley Wink 

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
mishandrich
Tuning in
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi kath the app I have should be the most up to date as it was only downloaded 4 days ago on a new phone and it is still not fully working
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi mishandrich, 

The latest app update was released earlier today so go in to your Playstore, search for Virgin TV Anywhere and there will be an option to update it. Click that and then try again Smiley Happy

I've just done it on my S7 and all is working.

Keep me posted. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

mishandrich
Tuning in
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi kath,
Thank you very much !! It's working!!!! This will now keep the kids happy when bored out and about . Thank you!! Xxx
0 Kudos
mishandrich
Tuning in
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

It's fixed everyone! Kath has kindly given us a answer! As of today there is a new update app in the play store, update your TV anywhere app and it should work fine , it has for me!! Thank you everyone who tried to help with a special thanks to kath! Xx
0 Kudos
Strangeland16
Up to speed
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Not working for me I'm on the beta of nougat through samsung and it still says unavailable to play on phone. So looks like when nougat is released in full we will be back to it not working again .
0 Kudos
mishandrich
Tuning in
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Has your app picture changed if not your still on the old app, it didn't just update my old app it removed it after a bit and put a whole new app on the phone then when I tried to watch something good said I needed to register the device I went with it , it registered my phone then it worked. Xx
0 Kudos