Menu
deccomcg
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

SKY Sports will not stream due to message 'interrupted due to an error'

Ok, I've read many posts that seem to have similar problems but I could not find a post exactly the same.  When i try to watch Sky Sports on my desktop, windows 10, i can sign in and try to watch sky sports.  However when it comes to the streaming i get the message 'Apologies, this item has been interrupted due to an error.  Please refresh your page and try again later.'

I have tried to watch this on Edge, IE11 and Firefox to no avail.  I don't have Google Chrome installed.  I can watch and stream sky sports news and other channels.  It is just the premium sky sports (of which i am a subscriber with virgin) that are the problem.  I haven't tried movies to date.

All browsers and software are up to date and I have an ethernet connection to my Virgin router.

Any help appreciated

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: SKY Sports will not stream due to message 'interrupted due to an error'

Hi deccomcg, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. Smiley Happy

The best advice I can give here would be to follow the steps laid out in richbarton's post here: TV Anywhere - Sky Sports doesn't work

If you are still having an issue, pop back and let us know so we can investigate further for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
deccomcg
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Kath,

thank you for the reply and suggestion.  Unfortunately, the solution offered by Richbarton did not work.  I followed the steps twice and still i get the same error message.

Declan.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Declan, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one and apologies to hear you're still not closer to resolving this Smiley Sad 

OK, I've resynced your package and also reset the Sky Platform for you so now there are no devices registered and 1 change already on there. Using the new device, try to stream Sky Sports for me. Has this worked? 

If not what error message are you getting? 

Come back and let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
deccomcg
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Kath,

Thank you for coming back to me.  Now the situation is worse.  I still get the message 'Apologies this item has been interrupted due to an error.  Please refresh your page and try again later.' on my desktop. 

Now my surface tablet will not stream either.  When i go to the sky stream it says that i have used up all my device registrations.  I look at my profile and it says i have two device changes available. I then delete and re register my surface tablet and get the same answer on the sky stream, you have used up all your device registrations. 

Looking at other forums this seems to be a common problem with virgin customers.  Why can virgin not get this right?  The services are sold on the basis that you can stream on mobile and computer devices.  I am wasting hours of my time trying to get this to work when it should be a simple process!  Rather annoyingly I've just re wired my house with the cables for tivo boxes but at this moment in time virgin media seem lacking and I'm very tempted to just buy the package from sky direct!

Not a happy customer at this moment.

Declan.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Deccomcg,

Thank you for your message, I'm very sorry that there's been some disruptions on the TV Anywhere app and what you're viewing. I can see that you have already run some of your own tests and reinstalling the app to try and alleviate the issue at hand.

I would like to ask for you to call into our team on 150/ 0345 454 1111, second number for non-Virgin Media phones.

If we're unable to remedy the issue there and then, we'll have a ticket created to investigate.

Many thanks.
Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos