Menu
PAULW11
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

SKY SPORTS AND SKY MOVIES NOT WORKING

GOOD AFTERNOON I AM UNABLE TO WATCH SKY MOVIES OR SKY SPORTS ON MY MACBOOK AIR IT FIRST SAYS THERE IS A SILVERLIGHT PROBLEM WHICH THERE ISNT AND THEN IT GIVES ME AN ERROR MSG WHEN I CONTINUE

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: SKY SPORTS AND SKY MOVIES NOT WORKING

This appears to be residual from the earlier, general TV Anywhere problem which seemed to affect everyone.

This seems to have been resolved as I can use the app but the problem remains for Sky Movies and Sports on Apple devices.

Check your Service Status for the latest update, which currently suggests an estimate fix time of 6pm.

0 Kudos
PAULW11
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

this is not a problem just today it has been ever since i tried watching them on my mac

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi PAULW11,

Thank you for your post on the Forum. Sorry to hear that you have had an ongoing issue with TV Anywhere on your Macbook Air. Have Sky Sports and Movies ever worked on your Macbook previously? Are you using Safari to access the Sky Sports page and the Sky Movies page? Here are the links: Sky Movies and Sky Sports --just click on sign in and then onto the Virgin Media logo to enter your details.

I'd also like to suggest a few adjustments for you to try, in order to see if we can get this working properly for you.  

• Make sure you've allowed the add-on in the Plug-ins section of your browser.
  • Set your browser to allow Cookies (or in Safari, never block Cookies).
  • Right click or CTRL Click on the screen and make sure in Silverlight that you've ticked Enable Playback of Protected Content (DRM) in the Playback options.
  • Untick Enable Hardware-accelerated playback. in the same set of options.
  • Turn off any ad-blocking software.
It is possible that if these don't work, that Silverlight is corrupt.  It is suggested that you uninstall and reinstall Silverlight.

Please let me know if you have already completed these instructions, or if you try them and the problem still persists.

Thank you.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos