Menu
alihart14
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

SKY GO

Hi

I want to watch Sky Sports on my Mac through TV Anywhere and have been able to do so easily up until recently.  I was asked to download the Sky Sports app and did so.  whenever i try to watch something, after i have logged in it says that there is an error because i have reached the maximum number of devices. This is despite having registered it before (about a year ago). I only watch sky sports on one other device and i have tried to remove that in order to allow my Mac to be included

Is there any advice on how to register my Mac again please? 

Thanks

Al

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: SKY GO

Moving from Silverlight to the new desktop app counts as a device change, so if you've already got two Sky devices registered, you'll first need to delete your Mac from the device slot so you can re-register.

You can do this at www.virginmedia.com/tvanywhere > My Profile > Sky Cinema and Sky Sports.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Make sure you are looking in the correct device registration page.

There is a separate section in the TV anywhere profile for registration for the Sky apps - check what devices are already registered and if necessary remove one so that the Mac can be added.

http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/settings/devices/sky/

Under My Profile Click on Sky Cinema and Sky Sports and you get to the device registration page

Moving from silverlight to the new desktop player app counts as a device change so you need to make sure you have a free slot.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Moving from Silverlight to the new desktop app counts as a device change, so if you've already got two Sky devices registered, you'll first need to delete your Mac from the device slot so you can re-register.

You can do this at www.virginmedia.com/tvanywhere > My Profile > Sky Cinema and Sky Sports.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Make sure you are looking in the correct device registration page.

There is a separate section in the TV anywhere profile for registration for the Sky apps - check what devices are already registered and if necessary remove one so that the Mac can be added.

http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/settings/devices/sky/

Under My Profile Click on Sky Cinema and Sky Sports and you get to the device registration page

Moving from silverlight to the new desktop player app counts as a device change so you need to make sure you have a free slot.

alihart14
Just joined
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much. I have fixed the issue. Turns out i was looking in the wrong devices section!
thanks again
0 Kudos
alihart14
Just joined
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Graham. Turns out i was looking in the wrong device registration section. Really appreciate the quick response. Everything sorted now.

Cheers
0 Kudos