Menu
hildo132
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

SAMSUNG TABLET SM-T520 CANNOT SIGN IN ON GOING PROBLEM

cannot sign in to tv anywhere app works ok on sky sports and movies this has been a problem for months 

Help 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: SAMSUNG TABLET SM-T520 CANNOT SIGN IN ON GOING PROBLEM

Hi John, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

It sounds as if, from the problem error message you have mentioned that the apk hasn't been fully deleted from the device. This could be where the issue lays. 

Are you able to reset your tablet back to default settings to see if this helps? Make sure you back up anything you wish to keep otherwise it would be lost in the reboot.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

hildo132
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Kath reset tablet now loads and i can sign in  when i go to watch it ask me to register tablet states i have used  my 2  devices can you reset it so i can register

Regards John

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi hildo132

Welcome back to the community. 

Sorry to hear that you are still having issues with the TV Anywhere app, I can see from your other posts earlier in the year you advised us of this issue. You tried to re-install the app, change the password and there was a new update, unfortunately to no avail.

The TV Anywhere app has recently had a new update last week do you know if this update went through on the Samsung Tablet? Also when you sign into your account, under My Profile, click on Device Settings does it show the Samsung Tablet as registered? You mention that the Sky Sports app works ok, is the device showing as registered under Sky Movies & Sky Sports under My Profile.

I would love to find out what is causing this, if you can get back in touch, that would be great

Thanks

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
hildo132
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam problem solved downloaded old Virgin  apk app via firefox then updated it had to delete samsung and register it again every thing is now working thanks for your help 

John

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm glad it is working for you :-) If you do experience more issues then by all means let me know.

All the best

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
hildo132
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam problem is back   download app when i try to sign in nothing happens when you enter log in details goes to terms of use then back to log in noticed it does this even if you no details are entered in log in hope this helps 

John

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi John, 

Thanks for coming back to us and apologies that it wasn't under better circumstances. 

Just to make sure, are you still using the apk or have you downloaded the actual app from the Playstore?

Looking at the supported device list here: http://store.virginmedia.com/discover/tv/using-on-the-go/tv-anywhere-app/watch.html It doesn't show that your device is supported so there is only basic diagnostics we can run with you on this tablet.

Can you let me know what OS your tablet is running?

Is the Sky apps still working?

Let me know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
hildo132
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath.  down loaded latest app from google play system is 4.4.2 also states SE for android status SEPF-SM-T-520

4.4.2_0041 PROBLEM seems to be that there is no box to tick that you accept terms and conditions when i downloaded the apk app this showed up hope this helps 

Regards John

0 Kudos
hildo132
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath work ok on sky apps sorry  forgot tell you in my last post

John

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi John, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

It sounds as if, from the problem error message you have mentioned that the apk hasn't been fully deleted from the device. This could be where the issue lays. 

Are you able to reset your tablet back to default settings to see if this helps? Make sure you back up anything you wish to keep otherwise it would be lost in the reboot.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

hildo132
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Kath reset tablet now loads and i can sign in  when i go to watch it ask me to register tablet states i have used  my 2  devices can you reset it so i can register

Regards John

0 Kudos