Menu
ian8
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Reply to Ralph_R

It would be helpful if we could reply to the topic posted here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/TV-Anywhere-Device-Registration/td-p/3140404

by Ralph_R.

The list of posts related to Ralph_R's is long and growing daily. Moderation action to merge said topics into 1 enormous moan would tidy-up nicely. Thanks in anticipation.

Ian8.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Reply to Ralph_R

Hi ian8, 

Thanks so much for your patience whilst we are looking in to this fault. 

Just to give you an update, the teams have been working on this and we hope to have a resolution soon. 

As a work around we are able to add a device change for you which will allow you to register the device however as soon as you log out, you will get the same error again. To get the change added, please give us a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and follow the options to speak to the Broadband Faults team. 

I know this isn't the best solution but it is only a work around until we can get things back to normal for you. 

Keep an eye on the sticky here for further updates: TV Anywhere Device Registration

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ian8
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, but why would I need or want to log out? 

0 Kudos
cheeseboard
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

YOU probably wouldn't but some do.

Maybe to keep the peace the rig has to be switched of at night, maybe you want to use therig for something else and having a (even minimized) application/programme running takes too many CPU cycles

0 Kudos
ian8
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well, that was a spectacular fail.

I've phoned the number, got a new device slot, deleted my current device, re-attached the device but no! "You don't have any device changes left.". Grrr!

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hang on a minute!

When using it in a browser, if you aren't actively using TV anywhere, it automatically logs you out after a few hours. So if I go to bed having used it that evening (chance would be a fine thing), I'll be automatically logged out come morning.

Kath, are you really saying that, a week on, that the fix is to call up & ask for a device change at least once every day until your geniuses work out what the hell is going on? On previous form that could be years, or even not at all.

And still, not a word of it on the service status page. Really poor.

0 Kudos
ian8
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You are correct Crocket - I've just had a half-hour session with a remote engineer who got everything up and running - gr8, eh?

Sadly, upon restarting my machine - the device limit error returns. Not good.