Menu
andyjohn1606
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Renaming TiVo box problem

I have renamed my TiVo box, but the new name has not appeared in the TV anywhere app, the app works fine though.

Any help would be appreciated.

cheers Andy 😀

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Renaming TiVo box problem

Hi andyjohn1606,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. Great to have you here Smiley Happy

It can sometimes take a few days for any changes to be reflected so don't panic to much. 

As long as the app is still working for you then try not to worry. 

Check it again in a few days and if it's still not changed, let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
andyjohn1606
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

as previously mentioned my TiVo has not renamed in the TV anywhere app. Any further help would be appreciated.

thanks Andy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi andyjohn1606,

Thank you for getting back to us.  Kath is away at the moment, so I'm picking up your post. Sorry that your TV Anywhere app still hasn't recognised your name change for your TiVo® box. 

Are you viewing the TV Anywhere app using Chrome or a different browser? If you are using Chrome, could you please try this on Internet Explorer? If the device name shows up correctly, it could be down to issues with Chrome (the app is not supported on Chrome). 

If you have tried this on IE and still getting the same issue, please try uninstalling/reinstalling the TV Anywhere app. This should pick up the correct TiVo® name. I understand that this is an inconvenient way to resolve this, but this is the only way forward for this issue at this time. If this is the case, then I will pass on the information that the app isn't updating when the default TiVo® name has been changed. 

Please get back to me to let me know how you get on with this.

Kind regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos