Menu
mellis0
Dialled in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Regular Champions League Load preventing access to TV Anywhere

Yes it the usual regular issue of not being able to log into TV Anywhere when Champions League football is on.

Smiley Sad

Not very happy, because this is a regular recurrence.

I'll call this issue: Champions League Denial of Service

Regards

Mark

PJ2
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Regular Champions League Load preventing access to TV Anywhere

TV Nowhere you mean. Same thing for me - high demand when CL is on - really Virgin - Unexpected really!!!! Funny it never happens to Sky Go! Maybe they saved the money on IT infrastructure to pay for the games!! 

0 Kudos
Garyhob
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This is getting beyond a joke, it's every week CL is on.

whats the point in upgrading broadband capacity when the servers can't handle the customer demand

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys, 

Thanks for your posts and apologies to hear you were having some issues trying to use TV Anywhere on Tuesday. 

I've taken a look at the logs and there was a fault which was resolved an hour or so later. 

How have things been since you guys last posted? All working again?

I'd like to let you know as well that we are aware of how often this happens and we are in the process of making some changes so hopefully in the next few weeks you won't see this fault again. 

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
mellis0
Dialled in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F

For me this issue of not being to access TV anywhere during UEFA Champions League games has been a weekly occurrence. So I don't believe its down to a fault, its down to overloading of the service, preventing other users gaining access to TV Anywhere.

I was able to access TV Anywhere during UEFA Champions League on Wednesday and was able to access TV Anywhere - but I did suffer with being reconnected to TV Anywhere about 7 -10 times which was not an enjoyable viewing experience.

I suspect now that Manchester United are out of the Champions League, the viewing figures will drop and the rest of us may get a chance to use TV Anywhere during UEFA Champions League on the remaining Tuesdays and Wednesdays of the football season.

I will let you know of any further connectivity issues.

Regards

Mark

0 Kudos
chriscl
Superfast
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It is a sad state of affairs when VM's much trumpeted "TV Anywhere" service is unable to cope with the load on "Champions League" nights, but a bit of judicious searching usually turns up several working - and completely illegal - internet streams for the Champions League matches. all of which usually work very well, and provide a higher-quality stream than the legal option?

Can we have a clear statement from VM about their plans to invest in sufficient infrastructure to cope with this demand in future?

And please don't come with the "it's a free service" nonsense. It isn't. We are paying for it as part of our regular subscription.

One of the reasons I, and I suspect many others, are willing to part with up to £100 a month for Virgin Media's services is the ability to watch things like the Champions League on a variety of devices other than a television, this is especially relevant when you share a house with those who don't like football, or want to watch something else at the same time. 

Crockret
Well-informed
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Champions league is back on BT Sport, you can set your watch by this...

Incompetence personifiedIncompetence personified