Menu
mikefraser
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Registration issue

I've just deleted one of my two devices from the TV Anywhere page, and replaced it with a new device. When I logged in to Sky Sports, it told me the device was not recognised and I needed to register it with my provider, so I returned to the TV Anywhere page, found the link to Sky Sports, which showed two registered devices, neither of which had the same name as the two devices registered on TV anywhere. One had a number followed by mobile (the device I had earlier deleted was a mobile); he other had a number followed by PC.

I deleted the mobile entry, and it showed a device could be added, but it would not add the new device because said I had exceeded the number of changes this month! Er, no. All I had done was delete one device and add one device, which counts together as one change. It looks like the system is counting Sky Sports and TV Anywhere as two changes, which surely can't be right?. Is this fixable? I feel cheated, to put it mildly!!!!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Registration issue

Hi mikefraser

Sorry to hear your unable to register your new device on Sky Movies & Sky Sports.

TV Anywhere and the Sky apps device registrations are separate. You can have two different devices for TV Anywhere and two separate devices for Sky apps. If you make a change on the one section then it will need to be changed for the other if you wish to use that device for the both and it will count as a change on both.

However when I checked your account I could see there is a device change available anyway. If you try to register the device again see if that works.

Let me know how it goes

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi mikefraser

Sorry to hear your unable to register your new device on Sky Movies & Sky Sports.

TV Anywhere and the Sky apps device registrations are separate. You can have two different devices for TV Anywhere and two separate devices for Sky apps. If you make a change on the one section then it will need to be changed for the other if you wish to use that device for the both and it will count as a change on both.

However when I checked your account I could see there is a device change available anyway. If you try to register the device again see if that works.

Let me know how it goes

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
mikefraser
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam, thanks for this.

Reading my post back I can see that the red mist had got me a bit, and I didn't explain myself very well! Both devices, the previously registered one and the new one, are registered on Virgin TV Anywhere, and work fine.  The problem is on the Sky side; when I try to register the new device on there, even though it shows one change is available, when you actually try to register the device it then tells you that you have used your limit of device changes for this month! (I'm writing this from memory, so the wording of the message isn't exact, but I think you can see what I mean).

All I actually did intitially was change one device on the TV Anywhere website; when I then tried to log in to Sky Sports AFTER that change, it told me that the device was not recognised and I should register it through the VM website. When I tried to do it on there, though the Sky sports link, it started telling me at that point that I'd used my limit.That shouldn't have happened, should it?

Best wishes

Mike F

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike

Thanks for getting back in touch.

As the TV Anywhere and Sky apps are different sections you would have 2 slots available and 1 change on both sections. If you had 1 change available on TV Anywhere that would've went through as fine when you re-registered the new device. However on Sky apps section if 2 slots were taken by other devices then it would give you device limit reached until you removed one other device an re-registered the new device if you had a change available.

When you sign into your account on the right under My Profle, you will see Device Settings and Sky Movies & Sky Sports. Device settings will show TV Anywhere registered devices and Sky Movies & Sports will show devices registered for Sky apps. Even though you had registered the new device through TV Anywhere it won't work through Sky apps unless you register for it. You could have 2 devices registered for TV Anywhere but not the same 2 devices to use Sky apps.

I hope this makes sense as it can be very confusing when wanting to use one device for both TV Anywhere and Sky apps. If you need me to go over anything else please let me know and I'll try my best to answer it for you :-)

Kind Regards

Sam

0 Kudos
mikefraser
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Sam; it is confusing, and not actually explained anywhere, but I did fairly quickly grasp that they were two separate registrations. As I said, though, on the VM  Sky Sport/Sky Movies page (the bit you were pointing me to, above, it was showing I had one device change remaining this month, which would be correct. given I changed but one device) but when I tried to use that change, Sky were saying I had used my change this month, which I hadn't!

Anyway I've just tried again, and this time it has registered, so either there was a technical glitch or the Magic Fairy has been sprinkling magic dust on the system ;-)

Many thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi mikefraser, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this Smiley Happy

I'm glad things are working for you now. 

It was a Bank Holiday so it's possible the Magic Fairy was out and about Smiley Wink

If you have any further issues please just get in touch. 

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos