Menu
steveyclements9
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Registering device for sky sports

My laptop does not automatically register as a device for sky sports when I log into the sky sports website and attempt to stream live tv. I get a spinning blue circle and then a black screen. I have a free slot shown on the virgin media device setting under the sky sports/cinema menu. I am able to watch the other virgin tv channels as expected.

I have tried safari, IE11 and FireFox. None of them allow me to register the device and watch sky sports. The same is also true for sky cinema.

I have reinstalled silverlight, deleted history, cache etc, tried repairing as suggested by earlier forums and nothing has any effect. Cookie settings are set to always allow and the DRM setting is ticked in silverlight. I have now exhausted all ideas.

i am using Windows 10. There were no issues with Windows 7.

Any ideas on how to fix are welcomed!

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Registering device for sky sports

Hi steveyclements9, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're not having any luck when trying to view the Sky channels. 

Have a look at this post here: Re: TV Anywhere - Sky Sports doesn't work

Follow the information in richbarton1's post to ensure you have a non corrupt version of Silverlight. Once you've done this things should start to work again. 

Keep me posted on how you both get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos