Menu
robjnewman
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Registering device for TV Anywhere

Hi

I recently received a new laptop with work. I have unregistered my old laptop which I used to use TV Anywhere for, but when I went to register the new laptop it states 'my device cannot be detected'.

I have checked with my IT team and all the relevant software is up to date (flash, IE etc), could you possibly help on what else might be the problem?

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Registering device for TV Anywhere

Hi Rob, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with TV Anywhere detecting your device. This isn't what we like to hear.

From your post I take it you are using Internet Explorer. Do you get the same when trying to use Firefox?

What is the make and model of the Laptop?

Check to make sure Java Script is running and also up to date too.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
robjnewman
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Thanks for coming back to me and apologies for delay in responding.

I have checked and I am running Java Script (not sure if latest version) / scripting in the IE options/security.

The laptop is a Dell Latitude.

I am not able to upload firefox due to my company's software restrictions.

Any further suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
robjnewman
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

As an aside - I understand that my work recently upgraded to IE 10 could that be the root of the problem?
0 Kudos
robjnewman
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

My IT team have now also allowed me to dowload Firefox and I have the same issue, 'Device could not be detected'. Getting a little frustrated now.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob

Thanks for getting back in touch and letting us know that you have tried Firefox to no avail.

Sorry about the questions I would just like a better understanding of why this is not working for you.

The other laptop that you unregistered was that personal or a business laptop? If it was a business laptop did that work okay? Also you mention the laptop you have is business do you use a VPN at all? If so is that connected at the time of when your trying to register?

If you can let me know this information that would be great

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
robjnewman
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sam,

Thanks for your message, sorry for the late response I have been away on business....though still same old problem of not being able to register my laptop as a new device.

Yes, my old laptop was a work laptop and I have been told by my IT team that it had the same software and settings as my new laptop, hence my uncertainty as to what  is the issue.

I do have a VPN but I only need this when out and about, I am not using it in the office. The issue of registering the device occurs irrespective of whether I am logged through the VPN or not.

Any further thoughts?

Rob

0 Kudos
robjnewman
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

As an aside, the FAQ links on the device registration page appear dead to me - does that reflect something being blocked?

Capture.PNGed?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob

Hope all is well. Thanks for getting back in touch.

Sorry to hear that the laptop is still not working. Normally when you get this issue it can sometimes be down to either the browser or a flash player issue. You have tried IE and firefox to no avail, do you know if flash player is up to date?

At least I know that the old laptop worked fine even though it was a work laptop just like the one you have now. When I checked your account it is showing that you have one device registered to use both TV Anywhere and Sky apps, with one device change and one slot on each.

I've re-sync'd the account to see if that works. 

Try this again for me when you get chance and let me know how it goes.

Thanks

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
robjnewman
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have no idea what you have done behind the scenes, but I tried to log in to Sky Sports and Sky Movies and both work perfectly.

I am ever so grateful.

Rob

0 Kudos