Menu
abospurs
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Registering a device

Morning.
I want to register my iPhone as my 2nd device to watch Sky Sports but it won't let me do it on the register a device page.
How do I do this please.
Thanks.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Registering a device

Hi abospurs, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have a new face on board with us in the community Smiley Happy 

I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue registering a second device. 

To register your iPhone, just download the TV Anywhere app from within the App Store. Log in using your Virgin Media log in details. 

You will be prompted to register the device as soon as you try to stream. Just follow those prompts and you're away to go Smiley Happy

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
abospurs
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply.
My device now seems to be registered but I'm now told to upgrade my account to watch sky sports.
How can this be when I have sky sports in my TVs package and can watch it on my iPad.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi abospurs,

Thanks for coming back to me on this. Checking the account and the devices you have registered for use with Sky, I am still only seeing 1 device - the iPad. 

Make sure when you are signing into the app, you are selecting the Virgin Media logo first before entering in your details. This will ensure you are not signing into Sky's side of things. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
abospurs
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My 2 devices are registered but when I try to watch sky sports it tells me it's available to watch on the sky sports app. It sends me there but then I have to upgrade my account. Why? I already pay for sky sports with yourselves.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi abospurs, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this again Smiley Happy

I think you maybe getting confused here. In order to watch Sky Sports, you will need to be using the Sky Sports app. Download this from the App Store and access it directly instead of being directed from TV Anywhere. 

Once you have downloaded the Sky Sports app, you will need to select the Virgin Media logo and then sign in using your Primary details that you use to view the bills through My Virgin Media. 

Once you've logged in, you can then stream and the device will automatically register for use with Sky. Currently your device is only registered for use with TV Anywhere and not Sky. The platforms are not synced so the registration needs to be done twice. 

I hope this makes a little more sense? Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos