Menu
markib
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Registerg devices after reinstall

The problem i have is every so often i like to do a clean install of my operating system this causes my registered device to show as not registered even though it is the same device but with the reinstalled operating system. This means that every time i wish to reinstall my operating system if the monthly change has already been made i am unable to register my device even though it is the same device. This has just happened to me again as i have just had to reinstall my operating system again for the second time this month due to a malfunction. Is there anyway i can get around this problem?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Registerg devices after reinstall

Hi markib,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've been having an issue streaming TV Anywhere Smiley Sad 

If you updated the app or the OS then you would need to re-register your device. It's easy to do though so don't worry. 

Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the current registration by clicking on the Delete button. Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up TV Anywhere and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device.

I have added a device change for you to use so if you follow the prompts on the screen, this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi severnbore, 

Thanks for your post too and apologies that you were told you had to use Firefox. 

Whilst this is a preferred browser, you can use any on that is supported. You do need to use the browser that you've registered your device on though. 

If you would like to change the browser then follow the steps I've posted above to remove your device and I have added a change for you to re-add the device. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos

All Replies
severnbore
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You like I thought that the 'device'  i.e. computer, laptop whatever uses the mac address.  Therefore, no matter what Virgin must recognise the SAME gizmo.  Well, last week when yet again ANYWHERE was more off than on,  the techie (who didn't know the service was flaky, found that out later) insisted in putting me on Firefox, he said it was the preferred browser.  Well I don't like Firefox, for various reasons.  So, I tried to sign in ON THE SAME MACHINE, with Windows i.e.  ........ now, like you, it won't let me. 

Therefore the only solution is to phone Virgin help and get them to reset the account, if they will - I'm sure they can recognise the machine, and will reset you.

But after so many calls over last weekend, to be honest I'll just suffer Firefox & wait the month.

PS don't forget you can register two machines, therefore you could if hypothetically if you haven't used the second,  use that.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi markib,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've been having an issue streaming TV Anywhere Smiley Sad 

If you updated the app or the OS then you would need to re-register your device. It's easy to do though so don't worry. 

Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the current registration by clicking on the Delete button. Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up TV Anywhere and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device.

I have added a device change for you to use so if you follow the prompts on the screen, this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi severnbore, 

Thanks for your post too and apologies that you were told you had to use Firefox. 

Whilst this is a preferred browser, you can use any on that is supported. You do need to use the browser that you've registered your device on though. 

If you would like to change the browser then follow the steps I've posted above to remove your device and I have added a change for you to re-add the device. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos