Menu
cfriend1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Registered device not working?

I am extremely fustrated that I am unable to watch tv after recently changing one of my devices for the month.

this device is registered but it tells me that the device isn't registered? what is going on ?

"you have reached the limit for registered devices. please visit your service provider to manage your details." 

I just want to watch sky sports and now unable to watch it on my laptop for a whole month?

Please someone help

Cheers

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Registered device not working?

Hi cfriend1,

I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue adding your device for use with the Sky apps. 

The TV Anywhere and Sky platforms are separate and therefore not synced so any changes made to one, also need to be made to the other. 

You can manage the devices you have registered for use with the Sky platform by going to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports. 

You have 1 change to use to remove whichever device you no longer want to make room for to add the new device. If you try streaming then, it should work. 

Keep me posted.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi cfriend1,

I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue adding your device for use with the Sky apps. 

The TV Anywhere and Sky platforms are separate and therefore not synced so any changes made to one, also need to be made to the other. 

You can manage the devices you have registered for use with the Sky platform by going to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports. 

You have 1 change to use to remove whichever device you no longer want to make room for to add the new device. If you try streaming then, it should work. 

Keep me posted.

Kath_F
Forum Team

cfriend1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thank you so much !!

quick response, great help

have a great day 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us cfriend1,

Please let us know if there is anything more we can help with.

Thanks again,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Dfranco
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Apps registered my phone twice. Had to delete one to register my tablet. Now my phone is unregistered. What is going on. Virgin apps are so far behind sky go. Nothing is ever simple with virgin. Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dfranco, 

Thanks for posting about your issue here.

I have already replied to your post here: Device registration

Please make sure you are only posting once about your issue. We understand it's frustrating when something's not right however posting more than once about the same fault makes the boards look busier than what they actually are. It also means we could take longer to reply due to needing to sift through duplicate posts.

Have a look at my reply on the other thread and stick with that one so we keep all the information in one place. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos