Menu
ivy4
Tuning in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Registered device bug

I am trying to watch tv on my mac desktop but I am being told I have reached my limit of 2 devices. this happened a week ago. I have 2 devices registered, My mac and my ipad. When it happened a week ago I had to delete my mac and re-register it and it worked again. Now it is saying that I have both of my 2 allowed devices.  My mac is my 2nd device but it is not allowing me to watch. Can you sort this out please

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Registered device bug

Hi ivy4,

Thanks for your post and apologies for the time it''s taken for us to read your post. We're running a little behind on the boards and only now reaching your thread Smiley Sad 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue trying to get TV Anywhere working on your Mac device. If you updated the browser or the OS then you would need to re-register your device. It's easy to do though so don't worry. 

Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the current registration by clicking on the Delete button. Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up TV Anywhere and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device.

Follow the prompts on the screen and this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence. I have added a device change to allow this to happen Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ivy4
Tuning in
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not aware of having updated my browser and definitely haven't updated my OS.  Thanks for adding the device change (which I have used as I did last month). I'm just anxious that this doesn't become a regular occurence and that I don't have to keep requesting additional monthly device changes to watch the same registered device.

thanks

ivy4

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi ivy4, 

Thanks for coming back and letting us know things are resolved now. I'm hopeful this won't happen again however if it does, you know where I am Smiley Happy 

In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Take care. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ivy4
Tuning in
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath.

I've just tried to watch my virgin tv anywhere and it has again said that I have reached my device limit. How can I stop this happening?

thanks for any help

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

ivy4 wrote:

I've just tried to watch my virgin tv anywhere and it has again said that I have reached my device limit. How can I stop this happening?

You can't, only customer services can do anything about it.  I have had this issue all month.  I did call at the weekend to get an extra device change, but by the time it went through, the programme I wanted to watch was long over.  

0 Kudos
ivy4
Tuning in
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi. It has happened again this month. I need to de-register and re-register my device again!!!!

why does this keep happening?

0 Kudos
Grannyager
Dialled in
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Keeps happening to me too! Both my slots are for this same device and I have no more changes this month. If I reboot the laptop it doesn't like it and thinks every sign in is a new device
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi there ivy4,

Really very sorry about this.

I've had a look at your account and I can see two registered devices, with one change available to utilise.

Is this working for you now?

Speak soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Grannyager,

Thanks for coming to us regarding the similar issue experienced.

I've also been able to locate your account and can see some registered devices.

I have added a change on there for you, just in case you need to use this.

Let me know if this is still giving you some trouble.

Many thanks,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos