Menu
deans6571
Super solver
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Recurring Non-Existant 'Recording Clashes'???

Over the weekend, I set up 4 different recordings on my TV Anywhere app from my iPad Air 2.

On EACH AND EVERY recording, it threw up an error stating there was a "Recording Clash" even though, the so called recording clash was NON EXISTENT????Smiley Mad

Recording Clash 1:

Set Jonathan Ross to record from 6:30pm to 7:30pm on ITV1,Saturday 17th Oct (the Saturday just gone!). Up comes the "Conflict Message" stating it will clash with Holby City on 27th October?!?!?!? A NON EXISTENT CLASH......

Recording Clash 2

Set up a Series Link for the show Who Dares Wins, on Ch4 HD.  This then throws a Conflict message stating it will clash with other future recordings??? Again NON EXISTENT CLASHES????

Recording Clash 3

Set up to record the film, Back to the Future 2 on Wednesday 21st October at 6:50pm to 9pm on ITVHD 2 and of course, up comes the Conflict Error message stating that the film clashes with a Series Link - the 2 episodes the film supposedly clashes with are both on 28th October????  Another, NON EXISTENT CLASH

Recording Clash 4

Set the film Back to the Future 3 to record on Wednesday 21st October on ITV2 HD at 10:30pm to 12:50a, and yet again, up comes the "Recording Conflict" error which states that the film clashes with a program on 26th October and another one on 27th October - ANOTHER NON EXISTENT clash?????

THIS IS UTTERLY RIDICULOUS. WHY IS IT DOING THIS???? Smiley Mad

In each example, the so called "Conflicts" are future programs (not even on the same date)- so they are NOT conflicts at all????  This app needs to be scrapped and written again - it is just totally useless.....................Smiley Mad

......and don't start with the whole, ".....the TiVo is calculating how much space it will need to record the future programs" argument - pure and simple - NONE of the programs above clash so these "Conflicts" DO NOT EXIST.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recurring Non-Existant 'Recording Clashes'???

Hi deans6571,

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you are having trying to set up recordings via TV Anywhere. 

In order for us to help on this I need to know if you are getting the same issues when trying to set up the recordings via the TiVo® box themselves. 

If the recordings go through fine, delete them and try again via the online version of TV Anywhere here: anywhere.virginmedia.com 

It could be something as simple as the app making sure there is space for higher priority series links as you say but we will need to know the results of the other checks first. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
deans6571
Super solver
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I just tried the online version (anywhere.virginmedia.com ) and deleted the planned recording for Back to the Future 3. I then went back into the listings and re-entered the instruction to record the same film, on Wednesday night, but no "Recording Conflicts" came up.

I think its the app that's causing these non existent issues - why is it wrongly trying to calculate future storage space? 

Surely, if I am setting a recording for this Wednesday night, the app should never throw up a "Recording Conflict" with a program which is scheduled to be shown in over a weeks time on a different channel - which isn't even on a Wednesday night?!?!  This makes no sense whatsoever......

If it works ok, on the website, then there is obviously another bug with app........

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi deans6571,

Thanks for coming back to me on this Smiley Happy

I'm glad things are working when trying to set up online as this gives us a work around whilst we investigate what's going on with the app. 

I've sent an email over to the Development team to see if they're aware of this and also what can be done to resolve this. Once I hear anything back, I will be in touch with you right away. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out