Menu
ViviM
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Record through app

I suspect this has been asked before but I'm sure the app worked for me a few days ago and my error message sounds different to others'.

I was forced to upgrade to TiVo recently and did the DIY installation ok, downloaded the TV Anywhere app and now when I try to schedule a recording through the app I get the following message:

Your scheduling request could not be completed because your Virgin Media box does not appear to be connected to the internet. Please fix your connection or try again later.

I thought I only needed to connect the box to my superhub if I wanted to use the app as a remote - does scheduling recordings constitute use as remote? Or is this the same TV Anywhere unavailable issue others still have?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Record through app

Assuming you have TiVo and not V6, you are right as the TV Anywhere app can manage TiVo resources without the connection to your Superhub.

In the first instance, I would suggest a reset of your TiVo.

It would also be worth checking Service Status in your area to see if there are any reported issues, either directly about TV Anywhere or about TiVo's internet connection issues.

0 Kudos
ViviM
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this, so I have tried restarting and still get the error message. No local issues and no problems on running the test via website.
0 Kudos
Thomson83
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'd be interested to find out how you fix this as I am having exactly the same problem

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi ViviM, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having using TV Anywhere since upgrading. 

For the first 48 hours, you may experience issues but after this, all the systems will be updated. 

Since posting how have things been? Have you been able to use TV Anywhere?

Come back and let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ViviM
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just tried it out and miraculously, all seems to be working now!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey ViviM

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this, I'm glad to hear the issue has been resolvedMan Happy

We'll be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos