Menu
Shugg
Up to speed
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Received text to say TV Anywhere app will stop working, update, but there's none there!

As I say, I received a text today to say that the app will stop working on 28/2 and to visit the app store to update it today - slight snag, there is no update available.

What's going on?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Received text to say TV Anywhere app will stop working, update, but there's none there!

What version of Android or iOS is your device on?

The new app needs at Android 4.1 or iOS 8.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Shugg
Up to speed
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Received text to say TV Anywhere app will stop working, update, but there's none there!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So you should be able to update to the latest app. What is your mobile device itself?

To check which version of the app you have - go into the TV Anywhere app and select App Help from the settings menu. The latest version is 4.0.1.968542

0 Kudos
Shugg
Up to speed
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yep, that is the version I have, which makes me wonder why I got the text.

0 Kudos
Shugg
Up to speed
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

This is what the text said, "It's time to update your Virgin TV Anywhere app. The version you're using will stop working on 28 Feb. Visit your device's app store to update it today."

?!?

Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Do you know when your device updated to the latest app? Whenever Virgin Media send communications out then have to pick a date to compile the customer list for the communication.

So it probably likely that at the time the list was compiled your device was running the older app, but has now updated to the latest version automatically.
0 Kudos
Shugg
Up to speed
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply. It would have been in January, don't recall updating it this month. Pity you can't see a history of when apps were updated in GooglePlay.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Shugg,

Just following up from your private message sent to Kath regarding no signal on all channels, etc.

Hope you don't mind me getting back to you on her behalf as she is currently away from the office at the moment.

Further to this, I've located your account and your equipment levels do appear to be out of spec and I'd like to arrange for an engineer to visit and take a look at this for you.

I've sent you a private message so that we can get this booked in.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos