Menu
simonwalters70
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re TV anywhere app problem

New issue now! Logs in fine but can't exit to sky movies, error message says sky movies app has stopped but movies app works perfectly on its own. I can exit to watch the sky sports with no problem! Always seem to be problems with virgin and lollipop devices. It f all worked perfectly before you messed with your
app!
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
simonwalters70
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Re TV anywhere app problem

Hi Terri, I'm using android 5.1.1.
I've tried everything you have suggested . I've noticed that if I log off the sky movies app and then try to exit to watch from the virgin app it takes me to the log in page on the sky app and once I've logged in I can play the movie and even go back to the TV anywhere app and play other movies. 5 or 6 in a row no problem but then when I close the virgin app and go back to try again I get the same message sky movies has stopped! So it only connects when I'm logged off the sky app!
0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi simonwalters70,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. It's great to see new faces here. I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with Sky Movies app. 

I have tested this in the office and the first time I tried it, I had the same error, but when I retried, it loaded the Sky Movies app via TV Anywhere exit to watch fine. 

I've tested this with various Android devices, including my own--which is Lollipop 5.1.1. Most went to the Sky Pin Request screen, but my phone was the one where I initially had the Sky Movies has stopped error - so I reported it and sent the feedback. Logged out of the app, logged back in and tried again and now it works. It's going straight through to the Pin request screen and now the film is streaming.

Could you retry this? Apologies for any inconvenience this causes you. 

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Regards,

Terri

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
simonwalters70
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri, have tried to log off and on again with both the TV anywhere app and also the sky movies app.. Still same problem says sky movies app has stopped and flashes up give feedback so quickly and then goes so you can't! app still works fine without using exit to watch but is annoying! Si
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Si,

Sorry that this still isn't working on your phone. What version of Lollipop are you using? 

Could you please uninstall and reinstall both apps (TVA & Sky Movies) from the Play Store for me? There is a device change left on the TV Anywhere and also on the Sky platform, so you will be able to re-register your device. Once you have done this, I will add the changes back onto the platforms for you, so you will still have another change available.

If this doesn't work, I'll get in touch with the techs and see what we can do to get this fixed for you.

Thanks,

Terri

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
simonwalters70
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Terri, I'm using android 5.1.1.
I've tried everything you have suggested . I've noticed that if I log off the sky movies app and then try to exit to watch from the virgin app it takes me to the log in page on the sky app and once I've logged in I can play the movie and even go back to the TV anywhere app and play other movies. 5 or 6 in a row no problem but then when I close the virgin app and go back to try again I get the same message sky movies has stopped! So it only connects when I'm logged off the sky app!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi simonwalters70,

Thank you for getting back to me with that information. I'm not able to replicate the issue you are reporting. I do, occasionally, get the Sky Movies has stopped error, but when I go back to try again, it goes through fine. I understand this is inconvenient to have to reload the app, but it works. 

I have fed this back to our TVA technicians so that it can be looked at. 

In the meantime, you may have to use the individual apps to switch between TV Anywhere and Sky Movies and make sure you are logging out of the app before continuing to the other.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks,

Terri

0 Kudos